Live Chat copies

a.madruga

2 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

I think there is the "hamburger" and if you click on that, it gives you the option I think to e-mail the conversation to yourself.  Hope this helps.  I did it last week.

You beat me to it!  Yes, this is the easy way to do this...especially if it is a very long chat session.  Before you close out the chat window just click on the 3 horizontal bars (in upper left corner) and pick "save" (or however the option is labeled.) I do this quite often unless my topic is just really trivial.  I don't know how much weight this would actually hold if you had to offer it up as "proof" of something said...but at least you'll have it.

49 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You beat me to it!  Yes, this is the easy way to do this...especially if it is a very long chat session.  Before you close out the chat window just click on the 3 horizontal bars (in upper left corner) and pick "save" (or however the option is labeled.) I do this quite often unless my topic is just really trivial.  I don't know how much weight this would actually hold if you had to offer it up as "proof" of something said...but at least you'll have it.

Good to know, I've taken screen shots of important parts, but an email would be much easier and complete. 

52 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Good to know, I've taken screen shots of important parts, but an email would be much easier and complete. 

Just a comment....

If you use Windows there is a great feature called Snip. With a screen shot it's a total thing. With Snip you can "snip out" anything shown on any screen. You can then save your snip as an image, paste it into a Word document, or whatever. It's much more versatile than screen shots.

(Yes, I know one can save a chat as I have done so.)

Example of a snip:

image.png.b159a37e4db9cd8bd8590edb5a113867.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just a comment....

If you use Windows there is a great feature called Snip. With a screen shot it's a total thing. With Snip you can "snip out" anything shown on any screen. You can then save your snip as an image, paste it into a Word document, or whatever. It's much more versatile than screen shots.

(Yes, I know one can save a chat as I have done so.)

Example of a snip:

image.png.b159a37e4db9cd8bd8590edb5a113867.png

Yes, use it on my laptop, but usually do chats on my phone.

17 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Yes, use it on my laptop, but usually do chats on my phone.

I'm old. I vastly prefer using something with a "real" keyboard. I've often said that the most valuable thing I learned in high school was typing. (Learned, of course, on 1940's vintage typewriters.) Being able to look at my screen, talk on the phone, and type without having to look at the keyboard was extremely helpful in my job. (I actually can't really type worth a darn if I try to look at the keyboard and "hunt and peck" type but I do quite well when I just let my fingers take over.)

• Haha 1