Unable to find answer on website

piper

Not only does Azamara have the worst telephone customer service as far as being put on hold, the website is pretty poor too.  Can anyone tell me if a clothes steamer, not an iron, is allowed on board?

If having crease-free garments is sufficiently important for you to ask such a question (and I suspect that gowilk is correct) perhaps you are unaware that Azamara offers a garment pressing service. I had some garments pressed at no cost, but maybe this a perk for occupants of suites. You may have to pay for the service, depending on your stateroom category.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, piper said:

Not only does Azamara have the worst telephone customer service as far as being put on hold, the website is pretty poor too.  Can anyone tell me if a clothes steamer, not an iron, is allowed on board?

Every cruise line has long hold times.  Gowilk is correct.  I looked at a couple of other cruise websites and neither specifically mentioned steamers.

Edited by laurieb

6 hours ago, piper said:

No irons allowed as noted on their website. An Iron is available in the self serve laundry or you can pay for laundry service.

image.png

Azamara is informal dress. We bring clothes that hang wrinkle free but there is an iron in the laundry area if you  feel you need it. The worst that would happen is they would take the steamer from you and return it at the end of the cruise. I personally try to bring as little extra as possible on every trip as I become the porter and the misses tips poorly.😁

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Azamara is informal dress. We bring clothes that hang wrinkle free but there is an iron in the laundry area if you  feel you need it. The worst that would happen is they would take the steamer from you and return it at the end of the cruise. I personally try to bring as little extra as possible on every trip as I become the porter and the misses tips poorly.😁

I’m not much of a risk taker, so in my mind, the worst that would happen is the OP brings a steamer, it malfunctions and causes a fire at sea! I’d say leave the steamer at home. 

• Like 3