Labadee Zip Line

Halfpound

I purchased two tickets for my grandchildren 11 and 14 for Labadee Dragons Breath Flight Line. In their description, which I didn’t notice beforehand, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a “ticketed” parent or guardian. I cannot physically do this. Will they be able to do this without me doing it? Thanks

35 minutes ago, Halfpound said:

I purchased two tickets for my grandchildren 11 and 14 for Labadee Dragons Breath Flight Line. In their description, which I didn’t notice beforehand, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a “ticketed” parent or guardian. I cannot physically do this. Will they be able to do this without me doing it? Thanks

These guidelines are in place for valid safety reasons. This is strictly my opinion but, not so much for the 14 year old but, you definitely don't want the 11 year old to ride the flight line without  being accompanied by a responsible adult. 

I have this excursion booked for an upcoming cruise and this is what the website says:

• All minors must be accompanied onto the island and have the parent or legal Guardian complete the waiver form.
  • Under 16 years of age must be accompanied on the activity by a ticketed parent, legal guardian or a responsible adult 18 years or older.

Restrictions
Minimum height: 48 inches
Minimum weight: 75 pounds
Maximum weight: 275 pounds
  • Like 1

This is the one of the most fun activities I've experienced on a ship excursion.  But it's not for children, even teenagers under 16.  You need to be an adult and someone in relatively good physical condition or it could have serious consequences.

Its been over 14 years since i did this, but i remember one thing.  Because of the length of this zipline, wind has an effect on your experience, causing you to possibly speed up, or slow down during the length of your run.

When i went, the wind shifted, so as i actually did not make it quite all the way to the end as I slowed down too much.  Initially, the wind was behind me.

There are instances where you could come down too fast and could injure yourself if hit the end too hard.  They have safety measures just in case, but its best not to test those.

39 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Its been over 14 years since i did this, but i remember one thing.  Because of the length of this zipline, wind has an effect on your experience, causing you to possibly speed up, or slow down during the length of your run.

When i went, the wind shifted, so as i actually did not make it quite all the way to the end as I slowed down too much.  Initially, the wind was behind me.

There are instances where you could come down too fast and could injure yourself if hit the end too hard.  They have safety measures just in case, but its best not to test those.

Agree, as others said its little distance up Mt so can understand why Parent should go. Also havent heard about it in yrs but couple times back then riders stopped over the water not making it to the end, Thats why some these rides have weight limits, for rescue Equipment/Harness