do I have the right to be upset with TA room assigment

dencord7

On 2/2/2023 at 9:45 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

Oh, ok. I see what you're saying. If the OP meant to type "9097" instead of "9079", both would be accessible. 

I read it as the grandparents (2) would be in one stateroom and the daughter/boyfriend & grandkids (4) would be down the hall. That's why I thought that 9079 would make sense since it sleeps 4. 

If it's 3 + 3, that's probably a problem no matter what the stateroom type. 

I see...

...so we need some clarification from the OP. 

Could the travel agent have gotten 2 standard staterooms next to each other a year in advance? Probably. 

Could the travel agent have gotten 2 wheelchair accessible staterooms a year in advance?

Probably.

I'm guessing that the travel agent put more emphasis on the rooms being "connecting or near each other" than on anything else. 

...more info needed but at this point, it is what it is as far as stateroom assignment. 

According to the deck plan (we know how accurate they are 🤪) there is a pullman in both accessible staterooms.

Hi All, I see that each room has a pullman that drops from the ceiling but one of my grand kids might not fit based on height and weight. I am very emotional as we loss thier father our Son in May 2021 he was only 36 . This is the first family trip that they we are taken with out thier father, my grand kids are 13 & 14 one boy one girl.  If the room had a couch I would be ok but from the video of the HC room on 10 floor they took most of the room for the bathroom leaving no couch, no chair. I wish the Pullman came out of the wall but it does not. Thanks 

• Like 1

original poster here. I just heard from my TA, and she has not been able to get me information on what's in the rooms. She said that she has spoken to three agents over the course of two hours, and each one gives her different information.  I asked her to call MSC, As I went back to my original emails from her and MSC, and my first room description for room 9097 does not say "physical challenge" anywhere on the description; it is an exact match to our oldest son's cabin except for the bathroom size. The 2nd room, 9095, at the bottom of the description says "Deluxe Balcony" ( physically challenged). She says she has not given up on finding out. I only saw one video and it looksed like the pullman bed comes down at the end of the bed, blocking the use of the balcony when down. How do you use the restroom if you are sleeping on the side that near the baclony at night. Has anyone seen a video with the pullman bed down?

35 minutes ago, dencord7 said:

original poster here. I just heard from my TA, and she has not been able to get me information on what's in the rooms. She said that she has spoken to three agents over the course of two hours, and each one gives her different information.  I asked her to call MSC, As I went back to my original emails from her and MSC, and my first room description for room 9097 does not say "physical challenge" anywhere on the description; it is an exact match to our oldest son's cabin except for the bathroom size. The 2nd room, 9095, at the bottom of the description says "Deluxe Balcony" ( physically challenged). She says she has not given up on finding out. I only saw one video and it looksed like the pullman bed comes down at the end of the bed, blocking the use of the balcony when down. How do you use the restroom if you are sleeping on the side that near the baclony at night. Has anyone seen a video with the pullman bed down?

Here is a video of from MSC Grandiosa HC balcony with a Pullman. It is not an ideal set up. The person sleeping on the side of the bed near the balcony will have to avoid that ramp and then duck down under the Pullman on their way to the bathroom at night 

A873F1C3-4801-465B-84D2-802971D4D883.jpeg.46336051abd1f0860e6c8591bad37e67.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

a Cart?   A portable bed?

Yes I saw some in the hallways on our Divina cruise folded up. Along with portable cribs and playpen type things. 
Couldn’t edit it to cot when I realized spellcheck changed it😏

Edited by styles27

On 2/2/2023 at 9:59 PM, tallyho8 said:

The same thing happened to me on Norwegian a few years ago. I had a cabin right by the elevator because we have some trouble walking long distances now and shortly before the cruise they "upgraded" to another cabin which gave us a long walk to anywhere.

We asked for our original cabin back and they refused saying "it was already booked". I said "Mine was originally booked too, but you took it away from me and gave it to them. If you can take mine away and give it to them, why can't you take theirs away and give it back to me? I was Platinum then and expected a little more than a first time cruiser but they refused to give us another cabin.

This is a problem that I have seen several times. If you do not want to be moved, it is important to make sure a reservation has "no upgrades" in the notes. Otherwise, the cruise line is free to move you to any stateroom that is in a higher category that the stateroom originally reserved.

3 hours ago, actuarian said:

This is a problem that I have seen several times. If you do not want to be moved, it is important to make sure a reservation has "no upgrades" in the notes. Otherwise, the cruise line is free to move you to any stateroom that is in a higher category that the stateroom originally reserved.

When I booked online I found nowhere to put "no upgrades" anywhere. What I don't understand is how they can change my cabin but can't change my cabin back from the person they gave it to. Maybe they would have preferred the "upgrade" they gave me.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 7:46 PM, tallyho8 said:

When I booked online I found nowhere to put "no upgrades" anywhere. What I don't understand is how they can change my cabin but can't change my cabin back from the person they gave it to. Maybe they would have preferred the "upgrade" they gave me.

Unfortunately, you have to actually speak to a human being in order to add notes to a reservation. This means that you have to either call the cruise line or call a travel agent. Either way, there is a good chance of being made to wait on hold.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, Morgsmom said:

lol; I'm originally from Providence, RI... totally get how wicked yah accent is

I grew up in eastern Suffolk County on Long Island; we share the same accent with Rhode Island and Southern Massachusetts (syrups for coffee milk also a grocery store staple).

Of course, with the outward creep of  "City" people to the east end, the original east end accent is more difficult to find.

My brother who still lives in Suffolk, is frequently asked by City transplants where he is from.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Homosassa said:

I grew up in eastern Suffolk County on Long Island; we share the same accent with Rhode Island and Southern Massachusetts (syrups for coffee milk also a grocery store staple).

I grew up about 2 miles from the plant that manufactures Autocrat Coffee Syrup............. YUMMMMM

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 9:05 PM, dencord7 said:

Hi All, I see that each room has a pullman that drops from the ceiling but one of my grand kids might not fit based on height and weight.  my grand kids are 13 & 14 one boy one girl.

even adults can sleep on those pullman beds, so a 13 yo and a 14 yo will definitely fit as well, unless they are well over 6' tall and 250# - they might be a little too long for it, but the feet can overhang...

I think that you may be getting upset over something that is not very important to your grandkids.

• Like 1