Upgrade Offer When At Booking No Balconies Available

Cruzinram

Ok, So what's up with this. On December Connie Voyage attempted to purchase a standard Balcony Cabin. None available. Which I thought was really strange. So I waited until about four days ago to see if some became available. Still no Balconies available. So I booked an Outside Cabin. This morning I get an upgrade offer and guess what, standard Balcony cabin available. Checked my Travel Agents site, and still no Balconies available. Is Celebrity holding back Cabine Cat to try to get more for the cabins than if the Cabin had been available at time of booking. This is the March 6 sailing.

This happened to my neighbor. He bid on an upgrade received it and paid for it. When he arrived for embarkation, no cabin available. Celebrity had to scramble to find a cabin for him and refund his money. This resulted in a boarding delay. He was not happy. He was even assigned a cabin when he bid on the upgrade.

There is no guarantee you would win a bid, any bid. If a balcony would become available due to a cancellation or someone else moving up from that balcony category, then Celebrity has people willing to pay on standby to fill the cabin. If there is zero movement and no cabins become available, the MoveUp bid is rejected.