Desperate help with hump cabins on Silhouette?!

aimcat

Here are my cabin choices for this cruise - I would like the one with biggest or 2nd biggest balconies here and best floor but so confused on which that would be! 

Cabins available are: 

The balconies on the angle humps are all the same.  Except for 7215, these are all back of the hump ("rearward facing") cabins.  I'd select any of the deck 8 or 9 midship choices or 7215.

Edited by jwlane

7 minutes ago, aimcat said:

I thought some hump balconies were bigger than others?

The hump balconies on the angle, both forward and aft are def deeper. The first and third from the outside are the deepest and the 2nd and fourth are deeper than regular balconies but not as much as the first and third. The ones on the bump but on the straight part are the same as regular verandas. Def make sure you have cabins above and below you for the least possible extra noise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aimcat said:

Of the ones I listed which are considered these? I was very confused where this started. 

As an example, on deck 9 cabins on the starboard side 9270 and 9266 have the deepest balconies and 9268 and 9264 have the second deepest balconies. Cabins are all the same size. This works the same on the port side and with the cabins facing aft. 9272 through 9290 are all standard balconies but are nice because they have no obstruction to the water below. 

33 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

The hump balconies on the angle, both forward and aft are def deeper. The first and third from the outside are the deepest and the 2nd and fourth are deeper than regular balconies but not as much as the first and third. The ones on the bump but on the straight part are the same as regular verandas. Def make sure you have cabins above and below you for the least possible extra noise. 

Kudos to you for your knowledge. I remember when the primary booking concern was the S class drill of finding the largest hump balconies.... life was easier then when this seemed to be the major obstacle of booking our next cruise....frankly cruising has left me numb... still exciting to get on board but pricing, cut-backs, complications have (sadly) made me less enthusiastic about cruising. JMHO

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, aimcat said:

larger balcony? 

You're way over-fixating on this.  All the cabins on an angle on the hump are larger than those not on an angle.  Some on the angle are incrementally, but IMO not significantly larger than the others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jwlane said:

You're way over-fixating on this.  All the cabins on an angle on the hump are larger than those not on an angle.  Some on the angle are incrementally, but IMO not significantly larger than the others.

Agree 100%.  Any angled verandah is way larger than a normal verandah.  I go for these when Sunset Verandahs are not available.

3 minutes ago, aimcat said:

I had just read that some on the angle were much large than the others so I was just trying to figure it out. 

The first and third coming off the hump in both directions are the largest.  We stayed in 1247, and it was an excellent stateroom with the largest balcony.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, aimcat said:

I had just read that some on the angle were much large than the others so I was just trying to figure it out. 

As someone has said, the 1st and 3rd away from the hump are the largest.  I had a forward facing one on Equinox, first one from the hump, and it was large.  If you look at the deck plan below, we were in 7264 so that will tell you as much as can be said and this 1st, 3rd would apply across the S-class ships.  From the Equinox deck plan below 7264, 7260, 7286,7290 would be largest, 7262, 7258, 7288, 7292 would be next in size and still larger than regular veranda.

If you are already seeing availability you list above, which appears picked over,  would suggest not waiting to book or you won't even have a choice left.

image.thumb.jpeg.b741a348a4e9167697217326554ec99e.jpeg

2018-10-26_713.JPG

2018-10-26_704.JPG

image.png

Edited by poffles

17 minutes ago, aimcat said:

7264 (like the room you had) and 7286 are available to me on this cruise...based on the map the elevators are close? 

As jwlane said above, exactly as shown in the picture, right around the corner, there is a little space in the line indicating the passageway from the hallway to the elevators.  I like this area because it is midship too.  Looking at the Silhouette, the numbers are the same as Equinox so 7264 would def be the larger of the verandas and forward facing would be my preferred as I like to see where I'm headed instead of where I've been 🙂

The only change I would make was if the same location was available on a bit higher floor as it gets you further away from the lifeboats and also further away from any music that might float up from the grand foyer.

Edited by poffles

Would anyone know the answer to this here instead of me making a new post - how can I use a celebrity gift card toward my payment? I have to pay the total today - it shows split payment. Do i put the gift card in one of these?

On 2/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, jwlane said:

The poster is not over fixating on this.  The first and third balconies off the hump are 3X a normal balcony.  The second and fourth are 2X.  There is quite a difference.

• Like 2