Vaccination

angel69

We are sailing in April on Allure. One of the people in our group is not vaccinated. Can he get off the ship in Roatan or he will be required to have some sort of testing? On the travel websites it says that Honduras still requires negative covid test 72 hours prior arrival. I tried to search Roatan's forum but no info there. Thank you

1 hour ago, angel69 said:

We are sailing in April on Allure. One of the people in our group is not vaccinated. Can he get off the ship in Roatan or he will be required to have some sort of testing? On the travel websites it says that Honduras still requires negative covid test 72 hours prior arrival. I tried to search Roatan's forum but no info there. Thank you

No vaccine and no testing required on North American embarkations to the Caribbean unless your ship stops in Colombia

• Like 1

Responding to Not-enough-cruising: Except, you cannot get off the ship in Turks and Caicos if you are unvaccinated. I ended up booking a last minute trip with some friends for March on Holland America and discovered this info for one of the ports. Maybe Royal doesn't go to T&C? Because I had been researching my May trip quite a bit on the Royal boards, I thought the only exception was Columbia and was surprised to learn this little tidbit on the new March cruise I'm taking.

1 minute ago, LVinTennessee said:

Responding to Not-enough-cruising: Except, you cannot get off the ship in Turks and Caicos if you are unvaccinated. I ended up booking a last minute trip with some friends for March on Holland America and discovered this info for one of the ports. Maybe Royal doesn't go to T&C? Because I had been researching my May trip quite a bit on the Royal boards, I thought the only exception was Columbia and was surprised to learn this little tidbit on the new March cruise I'm taking.

This is the Royal Caribbean board, Royal Caribbean does not stop in T&C

your point, however, is well taken

3 hours ago, angel69 said:

The only requirements you need to be concerned with are the Royal Caribbean requirements. Not something you read on the internet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

@BirdTravels So the US Embassy in Honduras (that I linked above) is incorrect? Or does RC have some negotiation around that? I'm just curious how it can be different, not trying to be argumentative-simply curious.

Oftentimes there are a different set of rules for cruise ship passengers as compared to others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Actually Mariner has a one-off stop there next week. And RC has been working to make that a regular port stop.

image.png.48051a47df5c3febaa12abf1cdb37569.png

If what above poster mentioned, Let's hope Royal has advised passengers they may not be able to go to port in T & C if unvaxxed or we will read about on CC.   

On 2/3/2023 at 3:52 PM, JennyB1977 said:

@BirdTravels So the US Embassy in Honduras (that I linked above) is incorrect? Or does RC have some negotiation around that? I'm just curious how it can be different, not trying to be argumentative-simply curious.

The only requirements you need to be concerned with are the Royal Caribbean requirements. Not something you read on the internet. 

The countries have different rules for air/land entry versus cruise ships. 

For example, back at the restart, The Bahamas (Nassau, CocoCay), had rules that you needed apply for a travel visa and pay for Bahamian COVID health insurance if you went to The Bahamas. That's what you read on the internet. Cruise ship passengers on port calls did not have to do that. The cruise line did not require that. Yet,,,, there were a lot of people who paid the visa and insurance needlessly because they read it on the internet. 

We were on a cruise that called in Roatan a few weeks ago and there was no vaccination requirement or check for our cruise. 

10 minutes ago, LVinTennessee said:

On a social media group specific to an upcoming sailing on Mariner - a person said they got an email from Royal stating unvax would not be allowed off the ship in T&C. But I know - I’m not supposed to believe everything I read on the internet…

That's how Carnival handles its regular stops there, so no surprise on RC doing the same.