Cruise mate for diets on Carnival

JOHN 57

Yes, there is one on Lido deck. They work with you very well for allergies and diets. Also, make sure that your waiters are aware of your diet. A Relative with severe allergies just cruised with us and they were very attentive to her diet. Good luck. 

It’s really not a thing you “use”, it’s just a station near the buffet where the hostess will show you a tablet. Same with the dining room, the servers will bring the tablet over for you to see your options (generally in the MDR you’ll order the night before for the next day’s meals). The tablet lets them select different allergies or preferences to filter everything. I wish it was available as a part of the Hub app or something, it would be nice to be able to see things yourself.

As others have said, I’ve found it kind of hit or miss whether someone is at the station but you can always tell someone you need help with food allergies and they should send someone over.

Basic allergens like gluten, dairy, etc are labeled on the buffet during lunch (for some reason breakfast isn’t labeled with allergens, and I don’t usually eat there for dinner so I’m not sure they’re labeled then), but if you have wider restrictions you will definitely need to talk to someone at the station. I’ll warn you that the person at the station isn’t necessarily super knowledgeable, they’re usually just using the filter and won’t be able to give you any specific info.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 1:39 PM, JOHN 57 said:

I heard about cruise mate for food allergies, has anyone used this before.  I have kidney disease.  Thank you.

A friend used this last year on the Breeze because she only eats a gluten-free diet.  She was worried about having an enjoyable "food experience" and we were worried, too, but it worked out great.  The Menu Mate kiosk was located in the buffet area but may be in a different location on other ships.  There the staff helped her with lunch options and also that night's menu in the MDR.  They were very helpful about choices and then made a notation about her dietary needs.  Then, each night after our meal in the MDR was over, she was able to see what her breakfast options were and then make her meal selection for dinner in the MDR.  Although, she was able to adjust her menu, so she didn't feel "struck" with her meal if she had a change in mind.  Each night, the waitstaff automatically brought her gluten-free bread.  One night she forgot to make a selection and our waitstaff caught her before she left the MDR.  For lunch, she found that just by asking at the food stations, they were able to provide her with gluten-free options.  I recall one day she had a sandwich from the deli and asked for fries and was told that the fries were not gluten-free, but the potato salad was.  When she ordered a pizza, it was prepared in a separate area in the back and the server changed their gloves and apron.  We were all very impressed with our friend's food options and the service provided by Carnival.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DPTexas said:

A friend used this last year on the Breeze because she only eats a gluten-free diet.  She was worried about having an enjoyable "food experience" and we were worried, too, but it worked out great.  The Menu Mate kiosk was located in the buffet area but may be in a different location on other ships.  There the staff helped her with lunch options and also that night's menu in the MDR.  They were very helpful about choices and then made a notation about her dietary needs.  Then, each night after our meal in the MDR was over, she was able to see what her breakfast options were and then make her meal selection for dinner in the MDR.  Although, she was able to adjust her menu, so she didn't feel "struck" with her meal if she had a change in mind.  Each night, the waitstaff automatically brought her gluten-free bread.  One night she forgot to make a selection and our waitstaff caught her before she left the MDR.  For lunch, she found that just by asking at the food stations, they were able to provide her with gluten-free options.  I recall one day she had a sandwich from the deli and asked for fries and was told that the fries were not gluten-free, but the potato salad was.  When she ordered a pizza, it was prepared in a separate area in the back and the server changed their gloves and apron.  We were all very impressed with our friend's food options and the service provided by Carnival.  Hope this helps.

Hello and good morning, thank you for the encouraement to use cruise mate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...