Vibe on Encore for Alaska in September

cb2367

Booked Alaska on the Encore in September. This time around, I'm trying to stay on top of everything as early as possible. NCL app says it's too early for specialty dining, but as of now, vibe is available. Wondering if it's worth the extra 250 in as much that I've never had access to vibe on any previous cruises I've been on.

1 hour ago, cb2367 said:

Booked Alaska on the Encore in September. This time around, I'm trying to stay on top of everything as early as possible. NCL app says it's too early for specialty dining, but as of now, vibe is available. Wondering if it's worth the extra 250 in as much that I've never had access to vibe on any previous cruises I've been on.

Bliss to Alaska Vibe in June (it was sold out this week)

11fb277e19cba920bdb3e8ea5537c17e.heic

8531035dcc81bde9d15077025b89e832.heic

fb7e1527ed6186102ed2ae19658dbe0b.heic

Encore to Alaska Vibe in August 

AA17C4C4-E04A-416A-AD33-D98F39CDE44E.jpeg

20C69EA8-6FF3-4A86-A256-58B1AB25AB95.jpeg

CF5700B1-59BB-416C-B86E-F8A34AF39F18.jpeg

DA1E51AF-AE45-4301-865C-4626216DAD2B.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

No experience with NCL, but we do Alaska every year. IMO the weather is just too unpredictable for this type of purchase. While peak summer months may have 3/4 weeks of warm weather, you won't know if your week is the cold and rainy one until you get there - and those high averages won't do you a tiny bit of good if it turns out to be that week. We got a cabana on our last HAL cruise and definitely regretted it. Sailed in July and other than embarkation day it was basically unusable the entire cruise. We did stay onboard and had lunch up there in Sitka while totally bundled up and  after barricading the curtains with deck furniture. Had to give up after two hours or so - it was just too cold. The two weeks before us they had weather in the 70s and 80s and they did the week after us as well. I will not make this type of purchase again for Alaska - save your money for excursions and do it on your next cruise to Mexico or the Caribbean. 

Just got vibe for bliss in June, there are 9 other rooms traveling with us  that got it also, looks like we will get our own private bar lol, at least the hot tub will be a lot less “used” , if traveling by ourselves I would probably pass though given birds pictures. 

10 hours ago, vacation44 said:

While we absolutely love the Vibe, the pictures by @BirdTravels would sway me to not purchase the passes.

41 minutes ago, DiverJohn said:

Just got vibe for bliss in June, there are 9 other rooms traveling with us  that got it also, looks like we will get our own private bar lol, at least the hot tub will be a lot less “used” , if traveling by ourselves I would probably pass though given birds pictures. 

Those just happened to be the days I took pictures (cold, windy, and rainy). We had a few beautiful days, but the pool loungers, while used, were never full.

I think that the one benefit of the Vibe would be on Glacier days. 

Edited by BirdTravels