Booked direct - Carnival Splendor -13/2 Sydney - need to cancel had a accident

StAnnesSuzi

Can anyone help me urgently please.

I had a fall today and have ripped the ligaments in my right foot so will be unable to fly to Sydney.

We are currently in Doha (Qatar) visiting our son and planed to fly to Sydney to catch the cruise but due to having to elevate my leg for the 14 hr flight and business class fully booked on all flights we won’t be able to fly to meet the cruise now. 

it will be difficult for me to call Australia so an email address would be preferable. My son has a phone that we could possible use in Qatar.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best to contact Carnival. I booked it direct and have checked in all documentation I have is online and I can’t see contact details for cancellation.

All suggestions welcome…

You can cancel online. You go to your cruise manager, then booking details, then invoice details, and cancellation information should be there.

You provide documentation to your insurance carrier, not Carnival. Carnival doesn't really care why you're cancelling.

on top click on booking and order details

Scroll down a bit and click on View Invoice details

scroll down to the end and click on View cancellation information and the finally click on Cancel this booking

16 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You can cancel online. You go to your cruise manager, then booking details, then invoice details, and cancellation information should be there.

You provide documentation to your insurance carrier, not Carnival. Carnival doesn't really care why you're cancelling.

I have tried your suggestions - got to booking details but does not give me the invoice details option therefor no cancellation details. I need to contact the company.

18 minutes ago, shof515 said:

on top click on booking and order details

Scroll down a bit and click on View Invoice details

scroll down to the end and click on View cancellation information and the finally click on Cancel this booking

Does not give me the option of view invoice details….need to contact the company direct

1 minute ago, SSGFYCC said:

As another poster stated, unless you have travel insurance, at this point, Carnival is highly unlikely to refund any cruise fare costs regardless of the reason why. Any pre-purchased items (excursions, spa, beverage packages, etc.) would be refunded.

Luckily hadn’t booked anything else just the cruise do I still not need to inform them? I have already checked in to say I am coming. My travel insurance will cover the costs hopefully. 

4 minutes ago, StAnnesSuzi said:

Luckily hadn’t booked anything else just the cruise do I still not need to inform them? I have already checked in to say I am coming. My travel insurance will cover the costs hopefully. 

Carnival will likely refund port fees and taxes. Good luck with recovering your other expenses from the insurance carrier. Hope you have a healthy recovery.

Thank-you to everyone who replied I have managed to locate the cancellation page on the website special thanks to my-s and shof515 who both directed me to the correct page.

Thank goodness for the Internet, it’s a godsend sometimes.

Susan

x