Suite benefit Specialty Dining

TracyCCRN

We splurged and booked a suite on Princess for our 11-day Alaskan cruise.  One of the perks is specialty dining the firsts night.  When I made the reservation, it appeared to still charge us for the booking.  Will this adjust once we are on board? Or are we limited to specific specialty restaurants? 

1 hour ago, TracyCCRN said:

We splurged and booked a suite on Princess for our 11-day Alaskan cruise.  One of the perks is specialty dining the firsts night.  When I made the reservation, it appeared to still charge us for the booking.  Will this adjust once we are on board? Or are we limited to specific specialty restaurants? 

No need to make a reservation. When you get to your suite there will be paperwork advising you to call the dine line to set up a time or if you our on a Royal class ship the concierge can help. The specialty restaurants know to set aside room on embarkation night

• Like 2

Last two cruises this year many were not able to get online or walk up reservations when they boarded. Maybe this has improved as I think they had limited the crew/ tables in the Specialty dining rooms.

keep the reservation and go to GS to have charge removed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dog said:

Last two cruises this year many were not able to get online or walk up reservations when they boarded. Maybe this has improved as I think they had limited the crew/ tables in the Specialty dining rooms.

keep the reservation and go to GS to have charge removed.

In a full suite and they turned you away ?  This is a guaranteed perk

29 minutes ago, memoak said:

In a full suite and they turned you away ?  This is a guaranteed perk

I did not say that!

I was in a full suite and made my reservation for first night online before the cruise.

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, dog said:

I did not say that!

I was in a full suite and made my reservation for first night online before the cruise.

So were the people being turned away full suite passengers who had not pre-booked a reservation?