Wine package still available?

Vinlin06

Absolutely yes.  3 and 5 bottle options; standard and premium. Talk to your waiter on night #1 if you don't see the table set up somewhere beforehand.  It cannot be purchased prior to the cruise to the best of my knowledge.

17 minutes ago, Vinlin06 said:

Thank you.  Any idea on the cost now?

Wine Package
3 Wines for $77.00 | 5 Wines for $119.00

Premium WIne Package
3 Wines for $108.00 | 5 Wines for $168.00

Cruise the Vineyards' can be purchased on board our ships (ask your dining room wait staff) or by calling The Fun Shops department at 800-522-7648, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-10:00pm ET and Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET. Cruise the Vineyards is not offered online.

3 minutes ago, bigdog1958 said:

Wine Package
3 Wines for $77.00 | 5 Wines for $119.00

Premium WIne Package
3 Wines for $108.00 | 5 Wines for $168.00

Cruise the Vineyards' can be purchased on board our ships (ask your dining room wait staff) or by calling The Fun Shops department at 800-522-7648, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-10:00pm ET and Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET. Cruise the Vineyards is not offered online.

So obviously that's right but I'm thinking that might be before gratuity.

The prices listed by bigdog and the selections within each price group are on Carnival's website - along with this restriction:  

• You may drink the wine in the dining room only.

My sister and I used to be able to pick up a bottle from our package (and a couple of glasses) at one of the bars or at the dining room other than at dinner time, in order to enjoy it on our balcony.   Or we could take an unfinished bottle from dinner back to our cabin.   Are these not options anymore?   

2 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

The prices listed by bigdog and the selections within each price group are on Carnival's website - along with this restriction:  

• You may drink the wine in the dining room only.

My sister and I used to be able to pick up a bottle from our package (and a couple of glasses) at one of the bars or at the dining room other than at dinner time, in order to enjoy it on our balcony.   Or we could take an unfinished bottle from dinner back to our cabin.   Are these not options anymore?   

I get wine packages all the time, and I have never been stopped when wI carry our open bottle out of the MDR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought maybe I would buy a few bottles from the Fun Shop ahead of time instead of buying the package onboard - but those purchases are limited to 2 bottles per cabin.  And the online in-room purchases come with restriction that the wine must be consumed in the cabin.  Not sure how that's enforceable, but that's their rule.   

I will go with the package, and I will assume from the responses above that I will be able to enjoy it in my cabin one way or another.  Thanks to all, including the OP who brought this up.   I had the idea since Carnival was pushing Cheers so much that the wine package wasn't available anymore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

add 18% gratuity. Potentially some tax if you aren't in international waters.

PXL_20230116_024146683_DxO.jpg

GREAT point @BlerkOne.

This is especially true from Galveston where they might not even sell it initially. NEVER buy until you are away from local taxing.  My memory might be faulty but I think I remember the waiter selling out on Lido after embarkation in Miami saying 'We don't run this through your S&S until we are out at sea.'

48 minutes ago, Joanne G. said:

I will go with the package, and I will assume from the responses above that I will be able to enjoy it in my cabin one way or another.  Thanks to all, including the OP who brought this up.   I had the idea since Carnival was pushing Cheers so much that the wine package wasn't available anymore.  

We routinely take our 1/2 bottle back to the cabin.  Did it multiple times last month on Dream.  And if a nice white, your steward will gladly put it on ice for you and often supply you with fresh wine glasses. Enjoy.

I will add one thing.  Supply chain issues have impacted availability.  We've made selections (we always do premium) where the waiter has had to return to our table and say 'I'm sorry Mr. jsglow.  Might I suggest this as an alternative.'  And never once was that suggestion '3 buck chuck'. So it's all good.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

It looks like you can purchase them online now. Go to your booking, then select Cruise Manager and Drink Packages. Here are the current prices:

Regular package

3 bottles $81

5 bottles $126

Premium package

3 bottles $124

5 bottles $193

Hope this helps!

On 2/5/2023 at 11:43 AM, BlerkOne said:

add 18% gratuity. Potentially some tax if you aren't in international waters.

PXL_20230116_024146683_DxO.jpg

On 2/5/2023 at 1:44 PM, jsglow said:

This is especially true from Galveston where they might not even sell it initially. NEVER buy until you are away from local taxing.  My memory might be faulty but I think I remember the waiter selling out on Lido after embarkation in Miami saying 'We don't run this through your S&S until we are out at sea.'

They only charge tax if you're not in international waters when you order an actual bottle of wine with a voucher from the package, not when you buy the package itself.

This happens on New Orleans sailings, because after sailing you don't reach the mouth of the Mississippi until close midnight. So you're still in Louisiana waters if you use a voucher for a bottle at dinner on embarkation day.  But again you only pay tax on the bottle you order while in LA waters.

This should not happen out of Galveston because the ship should be in international waters by the time you're at dinner, unless it was late leaving port.

11 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

They only charge tax if you're not in international waters when you order an actual bottle of wine with a voucher from the package, not when you buy the package itself.

This happens on New Orleans sailings, because after sailing you don't reach the mouth of the Mississippi until close midnight. So you're still in Louisiana waters if you use a voucher for a bottle at dinner on embarkation day.  But again you only pay tax on the bottle you order while in LA waters.

That wasn't my experience. I wasn't going to repeat the mistake.

How do they know how much tax to charge if it is only for a bottle? You aren't paying per bottle, you are paying per package.

23 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

That wasn't my experience. I wasn't going to repeat the mistake.

How do they know how much tax to charge if it is only for a bottle? You aren't paying per bottle, you are paying per package.

They charge tax on a discounted price for bottle, which is approximately the package price divided by the number of bottles in the package.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:20 AM, jsglow said:

Absolutely yes.  3 and 5 bottle options; standard and premium. Talk to your waiter on night #1 if you don't see the table set up somewhere beforehand.  It cannot be purchased prior to the cruise to the best of my knowledge.

yes it can just looking at it for our upcoming cruise.

image.png.7e50efe8956636eb34d776f148779b6e.png

On 2/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, nwcruiselover said:

On the wine package I won, the voucher said to go to Cherry on Top to get the wine.  Not sure that’s the case on every ship.  That was the Panorama.

You go there to get the vouchers for the wine

Please collect your wine package coupons at Cherry on Top for redemption at Main Bars, Specialty Dining Restaurants or any of our Dining Rooms.

4 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

yes it can just looking at it for our upcoming cruise.

image.png.7e50efe8956636eb34d776f148779b6e.png

Yep, a recent development in the last few weeks. You'll note my previous post is a year old.

1 minute ago, jsglow said:

Yep, a recent development in the last few weeks. You'll note my previous post is a year old.

DOH!!! sorry pardon its early and i need more coffee

• Like 1