Great new show (at least for me) on the main stage last night - Runaround Kids

CT D&N

I'm on the February 4, 2023 sailing of the Rotterdam and I was pleasantly surprised to see a new music show last night on the main stage.   The show is a music group called the Runaround Kids.  They play 50's hits with lots of energy and some good humor mixed in.  Excellent show (at least I thought so!) - they played two shows in front of a full house with many people standing.  If you get the opportunity I'd recommend checking them out.  I hope this is just the start by HAL of supplementing their regular entertainment (which I enjoy) with some rotating/varied entertainment which I'd very much appreciate as a frequent HAL cruiser.  Good first step HAL - keep it up!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CT D&N said:

I'm on the February 4, 2023 sailing of the Rotterdam and I was pleasantly surprised to see a new music show last night on the main stage.   The show is a music group called the Runaround Kids.  They play 50's hits with lots of energy and some good humor mixed in.  Excellent show (at least I thought so!) - they played two shows in front of a full house with many people standing.  If you get the opportunity I'd recommend checking them out.  I hope this is just the start by HAL of supplementing their regular entertainment (which I enjoy) with some rotating/varied entertainment which I'd very much appreciate as a frequent HAL cruiser.  Good first step HAL - keep it up!

I can also attest to the above. We saw them on a Princess cruise in January 2020 & they were excellent. Lots of energy & can hold a tune. I'd defiantly see them again given the chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Are these guys replacing Jukebox Rascals (??) who appeared on mainstage previously doing 50/60's songs and Frankie Valli ?

They are on the Koningsdam to Hawaii.  Jukebox Rogues.  Same or different group of the troupe?  We also have had Hyperion Knight, a fantastic pianist.

7 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

Sorry, I didn't see them, too busy dancing in the BB King lounge..

Me too!! If you saw the woman with the very sparkly red top on the dance floor, that was me...my apologies if I blinded you!

L.

23 minutes ago, Colorado Klutch said:

So are The Runaround Kids just one small musical group aboard one ship? Or are there multiple groups aboard multiple ships?

I believe there are just one of them:  http://therunaroundkids.co.uk/

When we saw them in 2019, we had a back-stage tour and talked to the ship's entertainment director.  He said at that time, they had an exclusive contract with HAL (or maybe it included all of CCL's brands) and it cost quite a bit of money to get them to sign on and just do cruises exclusively.

Edited by Torquer