Miami hotel need uber advise.

diverdon48371

We are staying at the Candlewoods suites Miami airport and will need transportation to the port of Miami. I reserved a uber for that day, but it looks like there is a hidden reservation fee that you don't find out the amount until after using the service. When I made the reservation, the price stated was around $20.00. Anyone have an idea of what the additional charge would be?  Should I just cancel the reservation, and just request a ride when I need it, or keep what I have.

This is the first time using uber, so any information on how to use uber would be appreciated. Anyone know of a ride share in Miami, I usually fly into FLL and use SAS, but I don't think they service Miami. 

Thank You in advance.

Don

Edited by diverdon48371
added information

I reserved an Uber and it was around $15-20 over the fare, I was in LA and I don't remember exactly.  You should be ok just calling one. Also download Lyft.   Sometimes the prices are vastly different or one may have surge pricing in effect.

It's pretty easy to use the apps.  They'll tell you if there is a surge price too.  If there is, wait a few minutes and try again.  

(I looked at my receipt and it looks like I paid an extra 10 bucks to reserve my Uber from Marina del Rey to the San Pedro pier, but they call it a Marketplace fee so I am not 100% sure if that's accurate)

Not sure why you feel the need to reserve an Uber...and certainly not if there is an extra charge. The only serious time I have heard recommendations for reserving Ubers is at very early hours...like you need to be picked up at 3am so you can make your 6am flight.

• Like 1