Ship Progress Updates?

Ljames23

6 hours ago, mike@sea said:

Meanwhile...Let´s change topic.

How about today´s announced Explora 1 re-routing to the Med (instead Alaska) as off May or Jun 24...

Wonder what this means for the Westcoast (Hawaii) sailings prior and whether or not it is being caused by a possible delay of Explora 2 ( thinking, that it hardly makes sense to cancel a full season abroad to have 2 ships simultaneously in the Med)....  

Actually I am waiting to see how Explora 1 is going to reposition from Vancouver to Europe. There could be a couple of interesting itineraries there.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 1

I haven't seen an official announcement from Explora but when I check the cruises available for summer and fall of 2024 it shows no Explora 1 sailings in the summer but then cruises pick up again on the U.S. east coast/Canada in the fall.  The Med cruises shown on the website are (still) Explora 2.

There was an announcement in the German press, that the ship would spend summer in the Med instead of going to Alaska. Immediately after the announcement, May- Sep was greyed out in the online booking process. 

One reason could be that Alaska did not sell well, which does not surprise me, because Explora pricing was way over the top and there are so many, I dare to say too many other ships up there to choose from. The ports are so full, maybe Explora could not even secure port time. 

But what I find strange is, to first send the ship to the west coast and Hawaii, then all the way back transatlantic to the Med, instead of sending it over right after the Caribbean season. But I guess the Hawaii cruises sold well, hence the „little“ detour. 

I hope that the affected guests receive a generous new offer to chose from instead. 

Edited by mike@sea

8 hours ago, CruiseCrew123 said:

Yes - especially as I paid in full !!

When they had to cancel early sailings for this June our cruise was paid in full. They looked after everyone very very well imho. I hope you are the same. 

12 hours ago, uktog said:

When they had to cancel early sailings for this June our cruise was paid in full. They looked after everyone very very well imho. I hope you are the same. 

Just 10 days ago we booked a LA - Miami b2b itinerary for August 24 that was cancelled this week as a result of the decision to transfer from Alaska to the Med.

Suffice to say we are very happy with the compensation terms given by EJ and have rebooked on an East Africa itinerary at a really advantageous price. Full credit to Explora for the very fair actions taken - IMHO of course !      

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, machotspur said:

Just 10 days ago we booked a LA - Miami b2b itinerary for August 24 that was cancelled this week as a result of the decision to transfer from Alaska to the Med.

Suffice to say we are very happy with the compensation terms given by EJ and have rebooked on an East Africa itinerary at a really advantageous price. Full credit to Explora for the very fair actions taken - IMHO of course !      

Sounds like it was similar to what we got for our 2023 cancellation - certainly set our opinions of Explora up way high up.  Glad you too had a positive outcome

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, daleandrews said:

Looks like they changed their minds!

It seems to me like the hull isn’t fully painted yet. When you zoom in, it’s not a clean line. It looks unfinished.

I personally like an entirely blue hull. It looks classier and more appropriate for a luxury cruise line. 

A7B96909-487A-4E49-8666-16D2AA32D3E8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

It seems to me like the hull isn’t fully painted yet. When you zoom in, it’s not a clean line. It looks unfinished.

I personally like an entirely blue hull. It looks classier and more appropriate for a luxury cruise line. 

A7B96909-487A-4E49-8666-16D2AA32D3E8.jpeg

Yes,passengers on the inaugural cruise have been asked to bring paint brushes with them.

• Haha 2

Found a video on Youtube today, dating from about a week ago. Looks as if the ship's hull is fully painted as of now.

Regarding the cancellations, have been worried about that myself - as I'm booked to sail on Explora 1 in march of 2024.

Shame there's no news on their loyalty scheme either, as I am Diamond on MSC and these ships were always announced as "the whole ship will be like the MSC Yacht Club" ... so I did hope for some loyalty reward in one way or another. 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:49 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

A Ferrari looks fast while standing still.  A well-designed ship shouldn't need a 'racing stripe' to look seaworthy.

OK, I think that *cough, cough* (not Covid related....) you were right.

It DOES look better with the all blue hull!

• Like 2

Thank‘s for sharing. I must say I really do like it ! Looks quite classy to me. From my perspective very well done. 

Regarding loyalty program, there is a remark somewhere on the website, that they are currently finalizing the details, so no worries, there will be one. But I would not be surprised at all, if it would differ again from other loyalty programs. 

So far I must say I am more than positively surprised by all the latest news. Suites look great, shops will be awesome and different from other cruise lines, restaurants look good and the little menu teaser one can find sound great too, I am also very happy with the way they think about and present any form of entertainment. 

I am very much looking forward to my first cruise March 2024 and can’t wait for the first reviews in summer. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Belgian cruiser1 said:

Found a video on Youtube today, dating from about a week ago. Looks as if the ship's hull is fully painted as of now.

I just found that video a few minutes ago. I was coming here to post it but you beat me to it.😂

I have to say that I do love the way it looks. Modern but still super classy. 

• Like 2