Don’t really understand move up

gizmodog

On 7/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, PH2 said:

I have a related question. We're on a September cruise and got the Move Up email last week. We're already in a Sunset Sky Suite so I'm not really interested in moving up, but I am curious about how the bids work - is the minimum bid the same for every bidder, or is it based on your current cabin? For instance, would I be bidding the same minimum to maximum amount for, say, a Royal or Celebrity suite, as someone who has a Veranda, or do each of our bid amounts differ depending on which cabins we would be moving up from?

We have two cabins on the same sailing. Cabin 1 standard verandah

Cabin 2 standard interior

The max and min bids for each category were different. A Sunset range might have been $100-400 for balcony and $200-800 for interior. Those are examples I don’t remember the exact amounts.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 9:11 AM, NCStateCruiseLover said:

On Tuesday my Move-Up bid “locked.”

4 expired and 1 is still pending but I cannot do anything to it.

No charges on CC and when I go into my reservations the cabin number is unchanged. Any thoughts on how much longer before I might hear something? Seemed like it is usually 2-4 days after this happens.

Our bid finally came through. It was 10 days after our bids Iocked (I couldn’t change the amounts). Seemed like a long period of time.

9 hours ago, NCStateCruiseLover said:

We have two cabins on the same sailing. Cabin 1 standard verandah

Cabin 2 standard interior

The max and min bids for each category were different. A Sunset range might have been $100-400 for balcony and $200-800 for interior. Those are examples I don’t remember the exact amounts.

Thanks. That's what I thought, but I was just curious if it was set up to where someone in a particular type of cabin had an advantage in bidding (in terms of what their overall cost would be, original cabin cost + bid). 

Newbie here; what I’m not understanding is that on the Celebrity page it says 30 days prior to your sailing.  Many of the posts I have read have been way before 30 days.  Is it not 30 days before you sail that you would see this on your log in? 

Pre covid it used to be 30 days.   Now it can be much before that.  Sometimes bids are accepted early other times it's at the 2 days before sailing date.   It appears to all be controlled by how much inventory they need to move.

15 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

Newbie here; what I’m not understanding is that on the Celebrity page it says 30 days prior to your sailing.  Many of the posts I have read have been way before 30 days.  Is it not 30 days before you sail that you would see this on your log in? 

See post #3 to feel better 😁

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

I (personal opinion) think that if THEY send you an email with an offer - it can come at any time.  But for you to choose to go on the site and choose to try to upgrade - it is limited to 30 days.  But again - see post number 3 😁

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, PH2 said:

I have a related question. We're on a September cruise and got the Move Up email last week. We're already in a Sunset Sky Suite so I'm not really interested in moving up, but I am curious about how the bids work - is the minimum bid the same for every bidder, or is it based on your current cabin? For instance, would I be bidding the same minimum to maximum amount for, say, a Royal or Celebrity suite, as someone who has a Veranda, or do each of our bid amounts differ depending on which cabins we would be moving up from?

no your amounts would be different from someone in a reg verandah etc.  I remember when  I  booked with 2 other friends so 3 rooms total, all separately but same rooms in Concierge we all had different move up bids.  No idea how the numbers come in or what algorithm is used.  

• Like 1

We booked last year 6 weeks before cruising.  2 weeks before cruising we got the move up e-mail. We bid and 3 days later is was excepted... From concierge to aqua.

This year we booked a guarantee stateroom in concierge class.  Does anyone know if you can move-up from a guarantee roon?

• 1 month later...