Konnichiwa Japan (is welcoming home the Diamond Princess)

cr8tiv1

@ROCruiser  I just watched your video on Kagoshima.  Very nice, thank you!  I know your trip was 4 months ago, hopefully you still remember some details to assist me with some questions.

1.  Do you remember the arrival and departure time of your Kagoshima port?

2. How long did you spend at the Sengan-en garden?

3. How long after ship arrival before you were allowed to get off the ship?

4. From the video, you got on the City View bus at stop #3, Tenmonkan.  Did you buy the one-day pass

on the bus or you bought it ahead of time at the Information Center?  Were you able to buy the 

pass with credit card or you paid cash?

5.  Did you buy the "Cute" pass?  If so, where did you buy it?  If not, you bought your ferry ticket

at the ferry terminal?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!  

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

@cr8tiv1  For Kagoshima, do you remember how long was the walk from Princess shuttle drop off point to Tenmonkan (main shopping district)?

@4bande  For Kagoshima, do you remember how long was the walk from the ferry terminal to Tenmonkan?

TIA.

15 minute walk from ferry into Tenmonkan

• Thanks 1

@ROCruiser  I just finished viewing your video on Otaru/Sapporo.  Would appreciate it if you can answer some questions.

1. How long did you stay in Sapporo?

2. How often trains run from Otaru to Sapporo?

3. Train direct from Otaru to Sapporo or stops in between?

4. I noticed some people in your group bought dried scallops, is it okay to bring back to U.S.?

5. After you got back to the Otaru station, how long it took to walk from the station to Otaru Canal?

6. How long it took to walk from Otaru Canal to your last stop, Sakaimachi Hondori St.?

7. How long the ride and how much the cost of the taxi from your last stop back to ship?

8. Were there a lot of taxis available by the port?  Instead of walking 25 minutes to the station to take the train to Sapporo, we might consider taking the taxi from terminal to the train station.

Thank you for your time!  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

@ROCruiser  I just watched your video on Kagoshima.  Very nice, thank you!  I know your trip was 4 months ago, hopefully you still remember some details to assist me with some questions.

1.  Do you remember the arrival and departure time of your Kagoshima port?

2. How long did you spend at the Sengan-en garden?

3. How long after ship arrival before you were allowed to get off the ship?

4. From the video, you got on the City View bus at stop #3, Tenmonkan.  Did you buy the one-day pass

on the bus or you bought it ahead of time at the Information Center?  Were you able to buy the 

pass with credit card or you paid cash?

5.  Did you buy the "Cute" pass?  If so, where did you buy it?  If not, you bought your ferry ticket

at the ferry terminal?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!  

Hi, Chubbypiggy! 

1. Our port time for Kagoshima was 8:00 AM~4:00PM. Not exactly a very long day but we managed.

2. I believe we were at Sengan-en Garden for about two hours. I remember we just strolled around leisurely without rushing through. If we had time, I would love to have lunch there though. Prices looked decent. 

3. Usually they let everybody out as soon as the ship was cleared. Unlike tender ports where they'd let those on excursions go first. 

4. We bought the one-day pass on the bus from the driver with exact change. The Information Center at port did not sell those and the office in Tenmonkan was closed on that Saturday. I would think it's easier to get tickets at the Info Center if they were opened. 

5. Now, I don't remember about the "Cute" card. For the ferry, you don't pay on the mainland side when you go across to the island. Just get on the ship and you pay on the other side when you get off the ferry. If I remember correctly, there's someone at the exit/entrance to collect money. On the way back, again, you pay before you board the ferry on the Sakurajima terminal to go back to Kagoshima.

Hope I have answered all your questions about Kagoshima. Let me know if you need more info.

19 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

@ROCruiser  I just finished viewing your video on Otaru/Sapporo.  Would appreciate it if you can answer some questions.

1. How long did you stay in Sapporo?

2. How often trains run from Otaru to Sapporo?

3. Train direct from Otaru to Sapporo or stops in between?

4. I noticed some people in your group bought dried scallops, is it okay to bring back to U.S.?

5. After you got back to the Otaru station, how long it took to walk from the station to Otaru Canal?

6. How long it took to walk from Otaru Canal to your last stop, Sakaimachi Hondori St.?

7. How long the ride and how much the cost of the taxi from your last stop back to ship?

8. Were there a lot of taxis available by the port?  Instead of walking 25 minutes to the station to take the train to Sapporo, we might consider taking the taxi from terminal to the train station.

Thank you for your time!  

Good afternoon!

1. We stayed in Sapporo for a couple of hours only. I believe we arrived at the Sapporo Station around 10:00 something and we were back in Otaru around 1:30.

2/3. Trains run pretty frequently between the two cities, at least it seemed like. They have local trains and then the fast trains that make fewer stops. We just took whatever train that came by. It was less than an hour ride on the local train. The local trains stop at almost all the towns in between.

4. I believe dried seafood is OK to bring back to the US. Yes, we brought some back that my BIL shared with us. I regret not getting some myself. I should remember, "if you see something you want, buy it, because you never know if you'll see them again." 

5. It's a 10-minute walk from Otaru Station to the Canal if you just keep walking without stops on the main street (Chuodori Street.)

6. From where we started (Chuodori Street end) of the canal it's probably a 15-minute walk with shops all along so there's plenty to see and shop. We were rushing through this because we were tired.

7. Now, I don't remember how much it cost for the taxi ride back to port. It's not a long drive so it should not be that much. In 2007, we walked back to port from Sakaimachi, very doable but we were really tired this time around. I think aging has a lot to do with it.

8. Yes, there were many taxis at port, I believe outside the gate. If you take a taxi, ask them to drop you off at the Otaruchikko Station and not the Otaru Station. The main station is farther away from port. But when you come back from Sapporo, get off at Otaru Station so you can explore the area. From Otaru Station just walk down the main street, it will take you to the Canal. (And the restaurant we recommend is also on Chuodori Street.)

Hope these help! 

1 hour ago, ROCruiser said:

Hi, Chubbypiggy! 

1. Our port time for Kagoshima was 8:00 AM~4:00PM. Not exactly a very long day but we managed.

2. I believe we were at Sengan-en Garden for about two hours. I remember we just strolled around leisurely without rushing through. If we had time, I would love to have lunch there though. Prices looked decent. 

3. Usually they let everybody out as soon as the ship was cleared. Unlike tender ports where they'd let those on excursions go first. 

4. We bought the one-day pass on the bus from the driver with exact change. The Information Center at port did not sell those and the office in Tenmonkan was closed on that Saturday. I would think it's easier to get tickets at the Info Center if they were opened. 

5. Now, I don't remember about the "Cute" card. For the ferry, you don't pay on the mainland side when you go across to the island. Just get on the ship and you pay on the other side when you get off the ferry. If I remember correctly, there's someone at the exit/entrance to collect money. On the way back, again, you pay before you board the ferry on the Sakurajima terminal to go back to Kagoshima.

Hope I have answered all your questions about Kagoshima. Let me know if you need more info.

Thank you.  Your answers very clear and useful.

1 hour ago, ROCruiser said:

Good afternoon!

1. We stayed in Sapporo for a couple of hours only. I believe we arrived at the Sapporo Station around 10:00 something and we were back in Otaru around 1:30.

2/3. Trains run pretty frequently between the two cities, at least it seemed like. They have local trains and then the fast trains that make fewer stops. We just took whatever train that came by. It was less than an hour ride on the local train. The local trains stop at almost all the towns in between.

4. I believe dried seafood is OK to bring back to the US. Yes, we brought some back that my BIL shared with us. I regret not getting some myself. I should remember, "if you see something you want, buy it, because you never know if you'll see them again." 

5. It's a 10-minute walk from Otaru Station to the Canal if you just keep walking without stops on the main street (Chuodori Street.)

6. From where we started (Chuodori Street end) of the canal it's probably a 15-minute walk with shops all along so there's plenty to see and shop. We were rushing through this because we were tired.

7. Now, I don't remember how much it cost for the taxi ride back to port. It's not a long drive so it should not be that much. In 2007, we walked back to port from Sakaimachi, very doable but we were really tired this time around. I think aging has a lot to do with it.

8. Yes, there were many taxis at port, I believe outside the gate. If you take a taxi, ask them to drop you off at the Otaruchikko Station and not the Otaru Station. The main station is farther away from port. But when you come back from Sapporo, get off at Otaru Station so you can explore the area. From Otaru Station just walk down the main street, it will take you to the Canal. (And the restaurant we recommend is also on Chuodori Street.)

Hope these help! 

Thank you!!  Hopefully you don't mind to answer a few more questions.

Is Sapporo station the last stop or we need to pay attention for the announcement to get off at Sapporo station?

There will be 9 of us (all in age mid-60s).  This will be our first time visiting the Otaru port.  Ship will be at port from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (I think similar to your port time). Do you recommend we visit both Sapporo and Otaru or just stay at Otaru?

If just staying at Otaru, enough things/places to do/see for the whole day?   

@ROCruiser  You mentioned there were 8 of you, so took 2 taxis.  Four people in a taxi was just right or it is possible or allowable to have 5 people in a taxi?  There will be 9 of us (one family of 4, one family of 3, and a family of 2).  Just wonder if we must take 3 taxis every time or can get by with 2 taxis.  When coming back from town to ship (at various ports), some times it might not be easy to find 3 taxis at around the same time. 

Japanese have small cars.  Taxis are not much bigger.  There are no passenger cars in the US that can fit 5 and the driver. Same for Japan.  Unless you Uber a van or large 3 row SUV, I think you will be out of luck.  

7 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Japanese have small cars.  Taxis are not much bigger.  There are no passenger cars in the US that can fit 5 and the driver. Same for Japan.  Unless you Uber a van or large 3 row SUV, I think you will be out of luck.  

Thank you.  I read Uber is commonly use in Tokyo.  How about outside of Tokyo?  For example, in Otaru and Sapporo?

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

@ROCruiser  You mentioned there were 8 of you, so took 2 taxis.  Four people in a taxi was just right or it is possible or allowable to have 5 people in a taxi?  There will be 9 of us (one family of 4, one family of 3, and a family of 2).  Just wonder if we must take 3 taxis every time or can get by with 2 taxis.  When coming back from town to ship (at various ports), some times it might not be easy to find 3 taxis at around the same time. 

First, to clarify, when I said it was 2007 that we walked back to port in Otaru, it was actually 2018. 

About taxis, Kagoshima was a port day on the Diamond Princess in March and we had 8 people total in our group. Two taxis was a little cramped but worked. We also had 2 taxis for Otaru for the 5 of us when we were on Cunard QE in May.

If it is possible using your cell phone, take a screen shot of the Google map showing where you want to go to show the driver. It worked for us every time.

Hi, Chubbypiggy, I understand that you have done the Majestic Princess from Sydney to L.A. We will be doing the reverse in October from L.A. to Sydney on Majestic Princess also. Please give us any tips and advise if you care to share. Don't want to hi jack this thread but not sure what's the best way to do this. Thanks! 

29 minutes ago, ROCruiser said:

First, to clarify, when I said it was 2007 that we walked back to port in Otaru, it was actually 2018. 

About taxis, Kagoshima was a port day on the Diamond Princess in March and we had 8 people total in our group. Two taxis was a little cramped but worked. We also had 2 taxis for Otaru for the 5 of us when we were on Cunard QE in May.

If it is possible using your cell phone, take a screen shot of the Google map showing where you want to go to show the driver. It worked for us every time.

I did look for your video of Otaru for 2007, obviously I didn't find it.  ☺️  Tomorrow I will find the video on your 2018 trip.

That is a good suggestion, we will do Google map before calling taxi.  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, ROCruiser said:

Hi, Chubbypiggy, I understand that you have done the Majestic Princess from Sydney to L.A. We will be doing the reverse in October from L.A. to Sydney on Majestic Princess also. Please give us any tips and advise if you care to share. Don't want to hi jack this thread but not sure what's the best way to do this. Thanks! 

Quite frankly, our April Sydney to L.A. cruise was quite disappointing.  One of the main reasons I chose that cruise was because I never visited New Zealand, and was so looking forward to it.  Due to bad weather, the captain cancelled Bay of Islands and Tauranga (both ports I booked a Viator tour so end up having to cancel it immediately after the captain's announcement).   So the only remaining NZ port was Auckland.  We booked an 1/2 day land tour with Viator, and planned 1/2 day for shopping.  The tour was not that good, and because it was Easter Sunday, ALL the shops were closed.  Besides, it rained heavily, so after the tour, back to ship.

Maui port was also cancelled.  We joined a Viator all day tour in Honolulu; tour just okay.  So many stops at places that they want you to buy things.  One stop each for you to buy:  pineapples, nuts, coffee, and chocolate.  Kona, lots of shops near the port; all we did was shopping.

Substitution for the 3 cancelled ports: one extra sea day, extra day at Papeete, a port day in Moorea.  After we went on shore in Papeete, lots of tour companies there selling tours.  We went with one company.  Personally I think it was a waste of time.  The tour was 6 hours, but most of the time spent on driving from one place to another.  Not much to see in Papeete.  The 2nd day, we didn't even bother to get off the ship.  Didn't bother to get off the ship at Moorea either; the tours didn't appear to be interesting.

So during the 27 days cruise, we only left the ship 4 times.  Good thing we love sea days.  Majestic is a very nice ship.  Services were superb.  Food very good; we ate quite a few time at their outdoor noodle bar.  Really enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tubs. 

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

Quite frankly, our April Sydney to L.A. cruise was quite disappointing.  One of the main reasons I chose that cruise was because I never visited New Zealand, and was so looking forward to it.  Due to bad weather, the captain cancelled Bay of Islands and Tauranga (both ports I booked a Viator tour so end up having to cancel it immediately after the captain's announcement).   So the only remaining NZ port was Auckland.  We booked an 1/2 day land tour with Viator, and planned 1/2 day for shopping.  The tour was not that good, and because it was Easter Sunday, ALL the shops were closed.  Besides, it rained heavily, so after the tour, back to ship.

Maui port was also cancelled.  We joined a Viator all day tour in Honolulu; tour just okay.  So many stops at places that they want you to buy things.  One stop each for you to buy:  pineapples, nuts, coffee, and chocolate.  Kona, lots of shops near the port; all we did was shopping.

Substitution for the 3 cancelled ports: one extra sea day, extra day at Papeete, a port day in Moorea.  After we went on shore in Papeete, lots of tour companies there selling tours.  We went with one company.  Personally I think it was a waste of time.  The tour was 6 hours, but most of the time spent on driving from one place to another.  Not much to see in Papeete.  The 2nd day, we didn't even bother to get off the ship.  Didn't bother to get off the ship at Moorea either; the tours didn't appear to be interesting.

So during the 27 days cruise, we only left the ship 4 times.  Good thing we love sea days.  Majestic is a very nice ship.  Services were superb.  Food very good; we ate quite a few time at their outdoor noodle bar.  Really enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tubs. 

Wow! That would be quite a disappointment with so many ports canceled! We have done NZ in 2014 and really enjoyed that so this will be revisiting three of the ports there. We are not excursions people, walking around and see how people live and eating local food would fit us fine. Yes, we are going to have many sea days on this cruise on this beautiful ship. I am curious about Papeete. We will have two days there also. Never been there before. Kind of decided what we will be doing in Hawaii. Thank you so much for the info.

Regarding the videos, you will not find anything for our trips before 2019. I self-taught how to edit videos during the pandemic when we were under the safe-at-home order. Still learning. Only trips/cruises in the last few years are available. I do have a blog and you may be able to find something there. The link is also in my signature.

Happy planning! I am also researching for our October cruise still. Thanks again!

9 hours ago, ROCruiser said:

Wow! That would be quite a disappointment with so many ports canceled! We have done NZ in 2014 and really enjoyed that so this will be revisiting three of the ports there. We are not excursions people, walking around and see how people live and eating local food would fit us fine. Yes, we are going to have many sea days on this cruise on this beautiful ship. I am curious about Papeete. We will have two days there also. Never been there before. Kind of decided what we will be doing in Hawaii. Thank you so much for the info.

Regarding the videos, you will not find anything for our trips before 2019. I self-taught how to edit videos during the pandemic when we were under the safe-at-home order. Still learning. Only trips/cruises in the last few years are available. I do have a blog and you may be able to find something there. The link is also in my signature.

Happy planning! I am also researching for our October cruise still. Thanks again!

I am not excursions people either.  We have visited almost all the countries on our bucket list, and seen all we are interested; so now when we travel, we like to take it easy.  That is why when only 2 of us going on the cruise, we have always chosen cruises with lots of sea days. And at port, we leave the ship after 10:30 a.m. and just go ashore for shopping and eating.  But when we have friends going with us, then I need to plan.  It seems like most people like to see places and want to be on the go all the time.  Frankly, way too tiring for us.

On our upcoming Japan cruises, the 1st cruise (7 days with 2 ports) will be just the two of us.  We plan to only get off for shopping and eating at Nagasaki and Kagoshima (will also be visited on our 9 days cruise).   Will stay on the ship for the Jeju and Omaezaki port.  

Seven friends will arrive from L.A. on the morning that we get off from the 1st cruise.  All will stay in Yokohama for 5 days and then followed by a 9 days Circle Hokkaido cruise with 5 ports.  First time visiting Japan for all 7 of them, and I have been designated as the planner for those 14 days. ☺️ So a lot of planning to do; that is why I have been asking so many questions.  Because there will be 9 of us, it makes the planning more difficult.  Even if we book a private van, the most they can take is 8 people.  I guess we just have to stuck with getting 3 taxis every time.  Hopefully that will not be a problem.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I am not excursions people either.  We have visited almost all the countries on our bucket list, and seen all we are interested; so now when we travel, we like to take it easy.  That is why when only 2 of us going on the cruise, we have always chosen cruises with lots of sea days. And at port, we leave the ship after 10:30 a.m. and just go ashore for shopping and eating.  But when we have friends going with us, then I need to plan.  It seems like most people like to see places and want to be on the go all the time.  Frankly, way too tiring for us.

On our upcoming Japan cruises, the 1st cruise (7 days with 2 ports) will be just the two of us.  We plan to only get off for shopping and eating at Nagasaki and Kagoshima (will also be visited on our 9 days cruise).   Will stay on the ship for the Jeju and Omaezaki port.  

Seven friends will arrive from L.A. on the morning that we get off from the 1st cruise.  All will stay in Yokohama for 5 days and then followed by a 9 days Circle Hokkaido cruise with 5 ports.  First time visiting Japan for all 7 of them, and I have been designated as the planner for those 14 days. ☺️ So a lot of planning to do; that is why I have been asking so many questions.  Because there will be 9 of us, it makes the planning more difficult.  Even if we book a private van, the most they can take is 8 people.  I guess we just have to stuck with getting 3 taxis every time.  Hopefully that will not be a problem.

That sounds like fun! Traveling with friends and leading the group can be challenging depending on everyone's interests and mobility issues. We have always had friends traveling with us in ports. Last year when husband and I went on the Alaska cruise and then the Coastal cruise (have not worked on the videos on that cruise yet), it felt so relaxing with just the two of us doing whatever we wanted with nobody else in mind. We had to tell a couple of friends that they can't join us on the Oct cruise because of their health issues. I just cannot be responsible if anything happens while we are at sea in the middle of nowhere. They were the ones who lost their passports and money in Copenhagen in 2017. Almost missed getting on the second cruise because we had to run around getting the police report and their replacement passports. Sorry, didn't mean to complain.

You asked about the Sapporo stop. Now I am not sure if that was the last stop on that train but I am sure you won't miss it because that's the stop many people will be getting off. I always follow the route using Google Map just so I know exactly where we are. 

2 hours ago, ROCruiser said:

That sounds like fun! Traveling with friends and leading the group can be challenging depending on everyone's interests and mobility issues. We have always had friends traveling with us in ports. Last year when husband and I went on the Alaska cruise and then the Coastal cruise (have not worked on the videos on that cruise yet), it felt so relaxing with just the two of us doing whatever we wanted with nobody else in mind. We had to tell a couple of friends that they can't join us on the Oct cruise because of their health issues. I just cannot be responsible if anything happens while we are at sea in the middle of nowhere. They were the ones who lost their passports and money in Copenhagen in 2017. Almost missed getting on the second cruise because we had to run around getting the police report and their replacement passports. Sorry, didn't mean to complain.

You asked about the Sapporo stop. Now I am not sure if that was the last stop on that train but I am sure you won't miss it because that's the stop many people will be getting off. I always follow the route using Google Map just so I know exactly where we are. 

I know how it feels.  Before the COVID, we did 3 cruises (Mediterranean, Scandinavia, and Norway/Iceland) that my uncles and aunts (all in their mid-80s and do not speak English) joined us.  Those were the most stressful cruises.  On one cruise, aunt took off on her own to take pictures and didn't return to the meeting point on time.  We spent over an hour going back and forth between 2 sightseeing points before finally found her.  One another cruise, while we were in the Vatican, one aunt (in her late 80s) fell down over 30 steps of stairs.  Had ambulance came.  She was able to walk and insisted to return to the ship.  Then went to see ship doctor, etc.  Very messy situation.  That was definitely the last time I will let those 4 uncles/aunts join us on any cruises.  Just too stressful and too much responsibilities. 

If you don't mind, I have more questions on Otaru.

This will be our first time visiting the Otaru port.  Ship will be at port from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Do you recommend we visit both Sapporo and Otaru or just stay at Otaru?  If just staying at Otaru, enough things/places to do/see for the whole day?   Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I know how it feels.  Before the COVID, we did 3 cruises (Mediterranean, Scandinavia, and Norway/Iceland) that my uncles and aunts (all in their mid-80s and do not speak English) joined us.  Those were the most stressful cruises.  On one cruise, aunt took off on her own to take pictures and didn't return to the meeting point on time.  We spent over an hour going back and forth between 2 sightseeing points before finally found her.  One another cruise, while we were in the Vatican, one aunt (in her late 80s) fell down over 30 steps of stairs.  Had ambulance came.  She was able to walk and insisted to return to the ship.  Then went to see ship doctor, etc.  Very messy situation.  That was definitely the last time I will let those 4 uncles/aunts join us on any cruises.  Just too stressful and too much responsibilities. 

If you don't mind, I have more questions on Otaru.

This will be our first time visiting the Otaru port.  Ship will be at port from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Do you recommend we visit both Sapporo and Otaru or just stay at Otaru?  If just staying at Otaru, enough things/places to do/see for the whole day?   Thank you.

Depend on your group. If they are active and able, I think it's fun getting to Sapporo in the morning and then back to Otaru for the afternoon. You won't be able to see everything on one trip anyway and getting a chance to say 'Yes, we did that!'  surely beats not getting there at all. We did not go to Sapporo on our first visit because FIL was with us and he was in his 80's. Not a good idea to take him on long walks like that. Otaru is mainly the canal and shopping. For us, we don't need that much time in that city. But then each person is different. Some may find it relaxing just walking around Otaru and shop.

8 hours ago, ROCruiser said:

Depend on your group. If they are active and able, I think it's fun getting to Sapporo in the morning and then back to Otaru for the afternoon. You won't be able to see everything on one trip anyway and getting a chance to say 'Yes, we did that!'  surely beats not getting there at all. We did not go to Sapporo on our first visit because FIL was with us and he was in his 80's. Not a good idea to take him on long walks like that. Otaru is mainly the canal and shopping. For us, we don't need that much time in that city. But then each person is different. Some may find it relaxing just walking around Otaru and shop.

Thank you.  Right now I am still planning for the Omaezaki port; when I get to planning for the Otaru port, I will decide if we want to do both cities.  I agree with you that we should also visit Sapporo, it is definitely on my bucket.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@ROCruiser  Just finished watching your video on Tokyo 1-day visit (Ueno Park, etc).  At the end of the video, you returned to Yokohama and said had dinner at the food court.  Looks like there were a lot of small restaurants in the food court.  Do you remember where is the food court?  Is it in Yokohama station?  If so, underground or ground level?

Tomorrow I will watch your video for Yokohama.  Do you have a video for Shibuya area?

Our trip finally coming up.  We will fly out next Tuesday. 

Thank you.  

There are lots of food courts at all of the indoor shopping malls:

Queens Square near Intercontinental Grand, Yokohama 

The one near the Sheraton Yokohama

One mall has food from Hawaii (Leonards, Eggs and Things, etc).  World Porters Mall

I don't remember which one has what.  Normally, I would provide you links, but my computer is not behaving well.

8 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are lots of food courts at all of the indoor shopping malls:

Queens Square near Intercontinental Grand, Yokohama 

The one near the Sheraton Yokohama

One mall has food from Hawaii (Leonards, Eggs and Things, etc).  World Porters Mall

I don't remember which one has what.  Normally, I would provide you links, but my computer is not behaving well.

Thank you!

• 4 months later...
On 7/9/2023 at 5:21 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Kogashima - shuttle was $28.  Our first stop.  I didn't know any better.  Shuttle was waiting for us and someone with a clip board took my name and cabin number.  Convenient, but not necessarily the most inexpensive way to get from the ship to town.  

Do you remember where the shuttle dropped you off?? My primary sites will be: Shiroyama Park,  Tenmonkan Square,  and Terukuni Shrine.  How did they identify you when you got back on?? $28 isn't that bad for a solo. Better than the taxi fares I saw online