Right to Cancel & Refund

jimb98

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

This is like a game of telephone aka Chinese whispers. The OP was talking about canceling on his own due to a change of itinerary, and somewhere along the line, the thread morphed into NCL doing the cancelling. If YOU cancel and not before the penalties kick in, that's not NCL's fault.

That’s because this thread has now morphed into a discussion on @Deacon123’s experience when NCL cancelled their cruise but refuse to return the deposit.

@jimb98 was the OP for the topic and wanted to know what would happen if he cancelled a cruise as a UK customer. 
people responding are not being specific as to which they consider OP  or which scenario they’re commenting about. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

This is like a game of telephone aka Chinese whispers. The OP was talking about canceling on his own due to a change of itinerary, and somewhere along the line, the thread morphed into NCL doing the cancelling. If YOU cancel and not before the penalties kick in, that's not NCL's fault.

The post I was responding to specifically referred to the cruise line cancelling, in which case they do refund the deposits (as happened in my case).

4 hours ago, eileeshb said:

That’s because this thread has now morphed into a discussion on @Deacon123’s experience when NCL cancelled their cruise but refuse to return the deposit.

@jimb98 was the OP for the topic and wanted to know what would happen if he cancelled a cruise as a UK customer. 
people responding are not being specific as to which they consider OP  or which scenario they’re commenting about. 

I wasn’t referring to either of the OPs. I was referring to the specific situation which the person I was responding to asked about (So a non-refundable deposit isn’t returned even if the cruise line cancels the cruise?)

I thought that was quite clear as I quoted that question before my reply. Not sure how I could have been clearer.

Edited by KeithJenner