Carnival Panorama questions

Ombud

My DS wants me to take a family trip with 7F, 9F, 9M (turning 10 this summer), 17F, DS (43), and me. Perhaps DD (41) & her S.O. if she can get duplicate papers from immigration & naturalization. Long story but government took hers 9 yrs ago & lost them.

My questions are:

1. Is there an upcharge for waterslides, glidder, ball court, sky zone, skyride, ropes, etc. If so, what is it

2. Are there free dining rooms other than MDR? I don't do buffets

3. Current price of Sodas & More

4. Is there a bulk wifi pkg similar to Princess' 4 device pkg

Thanks in advance 

For the activities you mentioned, no charge for any of those.

For other casual dining choices, Guy’s BBQ, JiJi and the Italian place all have free lunches on Sea days.  You also have a number of counter service restaurants that are free, such as Guy’s Burgers, Carnival Deli, Blue Iguana.

• Like 2

1.  All of the activities you mention have no charge except the Sky Zone.  I believe the charge is $12 for an hour session, but I’m not sure.

2. There are no free dining rooms for dinner except the MDR.  At lunch, Cucina del Capital and JiJi’s are free.  The menu isn’t the same as the dinner menu, mostly a pasta bar at Cucina and a stir-fry at JiJi’s. Guy’s BBQ also has free lunch but I haven’t been there so I don’t know what they offer.

3.  I don’t know the prices for sodas, somewhere around $3.00 a can unless you have the Bottomless Bubbles package.

4. Not sure about wifi packages.  I always just buy it for myself.

Edited by nwcruiselover
  • Like 1

I guess I should have stated I'm interested in free dining rooms for breakfast & lunch. So that's great news @CruiseMark and @nwcruiselover! I will look for a coffee shop type for breakfast sort of like International Cafe.  I just think 7-9 year olds might be happier on Carnival ships then Princess but my son was warning me that every event has a surcharge .... but then he's only been on Royal Caribbean.

I haven't cruised Carnival since 2016 and that card is yellowish orange whatever that means

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I guess I should have stated I'm interested in free dining rooms for breakfast & lunch. So that's great news @CruiseMark and @nwcruiselover! I will look for a coffee shop type for breakfast sort of like International Cafe.  I just think 7-9 year olds might be happier on Carnival ships then Princess but my son was warning me that every event has a surcharge .... but then he's only been on Royal Caribbean.

I haven't cruised Carnival since 2016 and that card is yellowish orange whatever that means

Yellowish orange probably means you’re gold.  Once you hit 75 days of cruising you’ll be platinum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

How does Java Blue Cafe work? Is it a charge for coffee but pastries no charge? Is it a charge for everything? Is brewed coffee free? 

Yes, there is a charge for all beverages at Java Blue.  Pastries in the morning are no charge, but in the afternoon they bring out specialty cookies, cupcakes, cheesecake, etc., and they do charge for that.  Brewed coffee is free in the Lido.

• Like 1

If you have Cheers Java Blue drinks are free.  FWIW I think Carnival has the most generous beverage package around. Nice wines on Cheers, energy drinks, specialty coffees, milkshakes, still and sparking waters, and canned sodas.  Bottomless bubbles $6.95/day for children, $9.50/day for adults and covers fountain soda and juices. 

They don't deliver to whereever you're at like Princess but still a good deal.

Actually DD & her SO don't drink, I might have a glass of wine after dinner with coffee & tea all day so drink pkgs usually don't make sense. But anticipating 6 kids / 2 adults for Sodas & More. Bucket of beer for DS if they still have that. Coffee program if they still have that.

Now a question: I have gold status under maiden name # (up to 1980s), another gold status under married name # (to 1991), and a 3rd under current name # (1998->). How do I get them combined?? I doubt I have reached platinum here but if this becomes an annual thing, I might someday

Carnival doesn’t have a coffee program other than being part of the Cheers drink package.  They do have a punch card where you buy 6 coffee drinks and get the 7th one free.  They don’t have a “Sodas and More” program as such.  The Bottomless Bubbles program includes sodas and juices.  I do wish they had one that also included mocktails and coffee drinks like some lines do, but they don’t.

As far as your two separate VIFP numbers, call Carnival and speak to them about combining the two numbers. They should be able to do that.

28 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

punch card where you buy 6 coffee drinks and get the 7th one free.

Do I just get that at Blue Java?? I would buy coffee anyway on a vacation so that coat is negligible.  

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Do I just get that at Blue Java?? I would buy coffee anyway on a vacation so that coat is negligible.  

Yes, you get the punch card at Java Blue.  The first time you buy a coffee drink they should offer you a punch card.  If they don’t just ask them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Now a question: I have gold status under maiden name # (up to 1980s), another gold status under married name # (to 1991), and a 3rd under current name # (1998->). How do I get them combined?? I doubt I have reached platinum here but if this becomes an annual thing, I might someday

Call Carnival. They're there to help. And if these truly are 3 separate Gold accounts (some might already be combined w/o you knowing), I assure you that you are Platinum already.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1