Just made the Haven leap from RCL

Denversail

We had 2 ocean balconies booked on RCL for 3 people on Symphony over Thanksgiving week. We were just able to book a Haven one bedroom suite on Getaway for similar price point the same week. We have never cruised in a suite or on NCL. I have cruised on Carnival but it has been several years. I have stuck to Royal the last several years. What should we expect from this different experience? I have done all Royal class ships. We prefer the Oasis class on Royal but have enjoyed the others. We couldn’t be more excited to enjoy something different. 

The Haven is a really special experience. You’ll be well taken care of!  Are you inside the haven enclave?  We’ve stayed both inside and out and enjoyed both for different reasons. The private sun deck, lounge, restaurant are worth every penny IMO. There are several Haven tours available on YouTube. I’d start there. Enjoy!!

1 minute ago, Denversail said:

The 1 master bedroom aft with balcony

There are 2 different stateroom configuration for the aft-facing suites. NCL has started to charge more for the larger balcony aft-facing suites on most of the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus ships. 

See below for details (the stateroom codes were different then but the info is still correct).

Which suite do you have, if you don't mind? We've sailed in 13902 on Getaway twice, Aft-Facing Haven Penthouse with Master. It's an absolutely lovely room! Our deck has the smallest balcony (I believe), but still so much room. I've sailed Getaway's Haven three times in the last year. Happy to answer any questions you may have!

On 2/11/2023 at 6:24 PM, Denversail said:

We had 2 ocean balconies booked on RCL for 3 people on Symphony over Thanksgiving week. We were just able to book a Haven one bedroom suite on Getaway for similar price point the same week. We have never cruised in a suite or on NCL. I have cruised on Carnival but it has been several years. I have stuck to Royal the last several years. What should we expect from this different experience? I have done all Royal class ships. We prefer the Oasis class on Royal but have enjoyed the others. We couldn’t be more excited to enjoy something different. 

Shy of a Star Class suite with a genie, NCL is far far far superior to RCL suites. 

Over the past year we have sailed in RCL Grand Suites and a Loft Suite. And we have sailed in a 2 BR suite in the Haven on NCL.