Single parent traveling with minors

Ombud

Does a single parent traveling with 2 minor children need different documentation to enter the ship? Unfortunately thats the situation both my DD & DS are in. DD's daughter is 17 & a gold card but DS' kids are 7&9. If that matters

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Does a single parent traveling with 2 minor children need different documentation to enter the ship? Unfortunately thats the situation both my DD & DS are in. DD's daughter is 17 & a gold card but DS' kids are 7&9. If that matters

If the other parent still has parental rights, then they need to document their approval for the children to travel outside the US.  If the other parents are deceased or have had parental rights removed, then this needs to be documented (death certificate or court order).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Possibly.  I've read many comments strongly recommending that the non-custodial (and not traveling) parent provide a notarized letter authorizing the minor to travel. There may even be a standardized form available. I am no expert so do not take my word as gospel. @Ferry_Watcher, kindly chime in.

Edit: @chengkp75was typing at the same time. He IS an authority.

Edited by jsglow