Address for positive crew comments

CarolnLarry

15 hours ago, Stockjock said:

wedonotcare@msccruisesusa.com

Kind of joking and kind of not (mostly not), but I'd recommend doing the post-cruise survey, which is brief, and mentioning any outstanding crew members in the comments section.

I did the survey and could not believe that the small box for coments was the ponly place to comment on crew services.. My bad but I expected more areas for written comments,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarolnLarry said:

I did the survey and could not believe that the small box for coments was the ponly place to comment on crew services.. My bad but I expected more areas for written comments,

I agree.  Not sure they do care much.  There seems to be a lot less emphasis on comments and individual accolades vs. other cruise lines.

9 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I agree.  Not sure they do care much.  There seems to be a lot less emphasis on comments and individual accolades vs. other cruise lines.

Unfortunately, not everyone receives an after cruise survey. We sure didn't for our cruise 2 weeks ago. I prefer the old way when the crew gave you cards to fill out and you dropped them in a box at GS.  Wish they would go back to that.

In my experience, MSC doesn't value/respond to specific guest feedback.  While onboard I write a letter to the guest services mgr. and give a copy to the crew member to ensure it gets noted in their records and that they don't trash my praise.

2 hours ago, Sstn said:

In my experience, MSC doesn't value/respond to specific guest feedback.  While onboard I write a letter to the guest services mgr. and give a copy to the crew member to ensure it gets noted in their records and that they don't trash my praise.

I don't think they care much about much of anything.  They just want people pay them and then go away.  If there's an issue they might reply back but at least a 50% chance they won't.  They would prefer that the complainers go away and they'd prefer to offer nothing to compensate, although I have received minor future cruise discounts for more serious issues, such as an electrical failure.

But I don't think they give too much of a heck, and I'd say there's only a very small chance that positive comments would be passed along.

I could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

• Like 1

Our server kept reminding us to give the dining a “5” on the survey. 

She said she didn’t like the way MSC’s survey was worded. It blanketed all dining not the individual venues. 

She had been on Celebrity for 13 yrs prior to Covid and only left them for MSC because her husband was on board. 

It was clear she took a demotion by leaving Celebrity and was trying to work her way to the YC. 

I made sure to name her in the comment section of the survey but I have to agree that I don’t think MSC cares.
We made a point of telling her manager and the dining room manager how pleased we were with her great service and they didn’t seem to care either. 
@Stockjock we got that same gut feeling as well. 

Edited by styles27
  • Like 1