Refundable OBC

Loverofdogs

We disembarked the Sky Princess on Saturday, January 28;2023. We had refundable OBC and knew that we would receive a check for it. Last year it took 10 weeks to get the check. So I was not expecting it till April or MAY. We received our check yesterday!!  Just 16 days after disembarkation ! Just make sure you check all your mail. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Loverofdogs said:

We disembarked the Sky Princess on Saturday, January 28;2023. We had refundable OBC and knew that we would receive a check for it. Last year it took 10 weeks to get the check. So I was not expecting it till April or MAY. We received our check yesterday!!  Just 16 days after disembarkation ! Just make sure you check all your mail. 

We also had some refundable credit coming to us and it only took two weeks or so to get it back.  
I was shocked!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loverofdogs said:

Just make sure you check all your mail. 

Yes!  Princess is "guilty" of sending out refunds by check in very non-descript envelopes.  Many have commented that they thought it was snail-mail spam.  It does not say "Princess" anywhere on the outside of the envelope!  Be careful what you pitch if you are expecting a refund!

28 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Yes!  Princess is "guilty" of sending out refunds by check in very non-descript envelopes.  Many have commented that they thought it was snail-mail spam.  It does not say "Princess" anywhere on the outside of the envelope!  Be careful what you pitch if you are expecting a refund!

It comes from Bottomline technologies.  I thought it was spam when I first got one.  

Received a check today after disembarking January 4.  Only issue it is $325 short.  Filed request for refund after receiving emailed folio and comparing it with onboard folio the morning of disembark mid-January.   Missing Shareholders and FCD funds in the accounting process.  Yes I know they are non-refundable but we had military and a large goodwill compensation.  
The check came in an envelope with Bottomline Technologies and Princess Cruises very visible.   A great improvement from previous refunds.

Edited by kiwimum

17 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

As the photo below shows, it does say Princess in the return address part.

True that is not on the outside of the envelope, but is on the inside portion visible from the outside.

Princess OBC refund envelope.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 months have passed and still no refund of Refundable Onboard Cruise Credit ($276).  Very disappointed in Princess and Bottomline Technologies (3rd party vendor Princess uses for their payouts of OCC's.)  As an Elite member with Princess we will probably use the other cruise lines for future vacations.