MoveUp Frozen!

plpolowy

30 days out and my MoveUp bid from Edge Class Concierge C1 to Sky Suite is Frozen and says Pending!  Can anyone give me a time frame?  Do I have to wait until 48 hours prior to sailing to get an assigned Suite?  Fingers crossed that this means my bid is a success!  Any input on your successful MoveUp would be on appreciated.  I am on pins and needles here…so excited to experience the Retreat.

Check your credit card to see if there is a pending charge from Celebrity. Typically once your moveup bid is "frozen" they charge your card pretty soon after. This typically means the bid was accepted. The first/last time I did this the bid was frozen and I had an email with my new cabin within 48 hours or so.

• Thanks 3

When looking at the bid are you using the link to that particular bid?   I've found that often if you bid for two or more room types an click the confirmation for one the others show pending and can't be changed but if you go in using the original bid for that room type you can still adjust bid and all the others show pending.

I have an alert set up on my credit card for any charges over $50.    When I get a charge I get a text alert that also shows up on my watch.  I usually know I won an upgrade when my CC is hit even before the official email comes.

If you win an upgrade and have multiple bids and they have not yet charged your account the one bid stays at pending and the others turn to expired.   Not always but often that mean you won the upgrade for the one showing pending.   The room is usually assigned and CC charged within 24 hours.

You can be awarded an upgrade anytime from the point you bid up until 48 hours before cruise.    At 48 hours the rejection email are blasted.   Also at 48 hours the ships manifest is frozen and submitted to homeland security.   Also at 48 hours you can no longer book or cancel anything from the website for that cruise

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

@Jim_Iain it is definitely frozen and Pending.  I am doing B2B and placed MoveUp bids on both.  I really wanted to MoveUp to a Sky Suit on the second leg so I cancelled the first leg bids and canceled the Aqua bid on the second leg. Then I put in a strong bid on the Sky Suite and that day it went into pending it was Valentines Day ❤️ Still no CC charge or email there are 9 S2 Suits and 4 S3 Suits still available.  I have my fingers crossed for a S2 what do you think my chances are to get a S2? 

Same here, one bid is Expired and the other is Pending we do not sail for 3 weeks, been frozen since at least Friday. I read one posters post that mentioned she had the same thing happen then after about 3-4 days both bids went back to pending and she could modify them again, which made me 😞 sad.

2 hours ago, plpolowy said:

@Jim_Iainoh also when I go into MoveUp from my original email and my MoveUp confirmation email it says “ No longer available for upgrade”.  Do you think I changed my bids so many times they disqualified me 😂😂😂

No -- I think your ok.    I just checked mine from a bid I did yesterday and all show a blue button Update Offer.   I'm far out at 55 days before the cruise and nothing available for suites except Iconic at a HUGE minimum bid

Try emailing CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com    They usually respond within 1-2 business days and are really helpful.

1 hour ago, dgparent said:

Same here, one bid is Expired and the other is Pending we do not sail for 3 weeks, been frozen since at least Friday. I read one posters post that mentioned she had the same thing happen then after about 3-4 days both bids went back to pending and she could modify them again, which made me 😞 sad.

I had the same happen in December.    The PH went pending and RS Expired.   Couple days later both shifted back to modify  available.    A couple days later I got an Alert we won the RS.   You can never tell what's going on behind the curtains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, plpolowy said:

@Jim_IainI think I will wait until Monday evening to see if there are is action then I may email them.  What should I ask them? And should I drop them a hint of the deck I most desire?

Monday is a holiday here, not sure if they are open or not. Let us know what happens either way. 

6 hours ago, plpolowy said:

@Jim_IainI think I will wait until Monday evening to see if there are is action then I may email them.  What should I ask them? And should I drop them a hint of the deck I most desire?

They can only assist with unfreezing your bid.   They have no control over what room or deck you will be assigned. 

• Like 1