Celebrity Apex Retreat Premium WiFi details?

Pesh115

My wife, son and I are traveling on Celebrity Apex in a few weeks.  We booked a Retreat Suite Guarantee.  It was not clear how the "Premium Wifi" package will work.  Can anyone shed some light on:

What kind of speed can we expect?

- How many devices per person?

- How many devices per cabin?

- How reliable is it when at sea?  Can we count on it for texting each other onboard?

Thanks,

Pesh

Hi!   I haven't been on the Apex but I was on the Beyond in October and it has Starlink.  We were a part of the Retreat so had the upgraded internet.

I don't know if Apex has Starlink yet but whether it does or doesn't, you'll have whatever the Premium internet is.  I've had the Premium internet on Celebrity ships (before any of them had Starlink) and it all works the same way. 

~ Speed was decent.  There were times I had problems with Cruise Critic but other than that, e-mail and websites worked pretty well.  I didn't do speed tests.  I know many people have on different ships and have posted the results. 

~ 1 device per person.  To switch from your phone to say a tablet, you sign off on one and sign into the other.  What you do is create a username and password so technically you could use your phone and say your laptop by using your wife's log-in information but she wouldn't have access at that time. 

I don't know how it will work with your son.  I would guess he'll have his own sign in but perhaps someone else can help with that information. 

~ Texting:  We were able to text each other on the ship and to friends and family on land.   

* You put your phone on airplane mode.  If your phone is capable of WiFi calling then you can use it to call.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

15 hours ago, Pesh115 said:

My wife, son and I are traveling on Celebrity Apex in a few weeks.  We booked a Retreat Suite Guarantee.  It was not clear how the "Premium Wifi" package will work.  Can anyone shed some light on:

What kind of speed can we expect?

- How many devices per person?

- How many devices per cabin?

- How reliable is it when at sea?  Can we count on it for texting each other onboard?

Thanks,

Pesh

I assume you are purchasing the Internet package?  With a Suite Guarantee you do not get the all included Suite perks.

9 hours ago, spammie said:

I assume you are purchasing the Internet package?  With a Suite Guarantee you do not get the all included Suite perks.

Respectfully disagree.  With a Suite Guarantee you get all the perks as do other suite guests.    Possibly you are thinking about being upgraded on a Bid -  in that case you are correct.

The only difference of a suite guarantee is you can not pick a room and one will be assigned to you prior to or at boarding.  

You should get 1 internet Premium Wifi Account for each passenger.

Each passengers creates a unique Logon and Password and an use unlimited devices but only 1 at a time. If you log on a second you are aked if you wish to bump the other off the air.

With Starlink you should get in the range of 2.5-5 mps.     Not as fast as land but I regularly stream content and have done many internet calls as well as Zoom meeting.   

Reliability at sea is often better than in port where I sometimes have problems and shift to Fee TMobile Data Roaming.

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Respectfully disagree.  With a Suite Guarantee you get all the perks as do other suite guests.    Possibly you are thinking about being upgraded on a Bid -  in that case you are correct.

The only difference of a suite guarantee is you can not pick a room and one will be assigned to you prior to or at boarding.  

We had a Suite guarantee in August on Equinox. We had no perks included.