Disembarking Encore in Seattle

broderson

My wife and I will be taking a seven day cruise to Alaska from Seattle on the Encore. Based on the information provided, we will be docking at 6am upon return. We are scheduled to board a ferry to Victoria at 8 AM. The ferry port is only a five minute walk away from the docking pier. Does anyone have experience with the disembarkation process at this port of call. We are wondering if we will have time to make it to the ferry by 8 o’clock.
Thank you.

Are you planning to take the Victoria Clipper to Victoria?  I would give those folks a call.  What are thier check-in requirement??  I am not sure you would have enough time even though the Victoria Clipper terminal (Pier 69) is on the northside of the Edgewater Hotel and the cruise ship terminal is Pier 66 on the southside of thee hotel.

Just guessing, I would say NO-- you do not have time.  Even if you docked at 6 A.M., the ship may not be cleared for disembarkation for a bit.  Then there will be a rush of passengers trying to be the first people off the ship.

Unless you absolutely must be in Victoria early, just chill. Have a nice breakfast then leave the ship with a little extra time to get to the ferry. Less people to maneuver around less stress. Check with the ferry company see what time the next one leaves maybe pre purchase your tickets one less line.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

What is the time for the next ferry?  This is cutting it a bit close.  You'd have to make sure you're first off, assuming the ship arrives on time and gets cleared on time.  Walk your own luggage out. Don't leave it outside the door...that will add more time than you need to spend finding and reclaiming it.  If I remember right, there was a long line getting out of the customs building in Seattle.  All this chips away at the time you have to get to that ferry.  It feels a bit nerve-wracking.  Probably can be done, but realistically, if there is a later ferry, I'd have a relaxing breakfast on board and then take the next ferry.  Victoria is beautiful.  Enjoy.

8 hours ago, broderson said:

My wife and I will be taking a seven day cruise to Alaska from Seattle on the Encore. Based on the information provided, we will be docking at 6am upon return. We are scheduled to board a ferry to Victoria at 8 AM. The ferry port is only a five minute walk away from the docking pier. Does anyone have experience with the disembarkation process at this port of call. We are wondering if we will have time to make it to the ferry by 8 o’clock.
Thank you.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Here's examples from Alaskan cruises on disembarkation schedule (ships with "arrival times" of 6 am). In reality, the ship will be moving from Victoria to Seattle and will be there before 6 am... it is more the timing of shore support and CBP personnel that drives when you can actually get off the ship. 

So wait until this season starts to see when they are disembarking. While I am very aggressive with post-cruise reservations, I would not book a 8:00 am ferry. 

image.thumb.png.2b27670844548ec6c6afedb608e81cd2.png

image.thumb.png.75a09fa242b95687b628c2be771726d0.png

image.thumb.png.8189806326d9ccc0436e594cf3b6603e.png

Thank you for the quick responses. I agree it is cutting it close and I would much prefer to spend a leisurely morning. However, the 8 am Ferry is the only Ferry of the day. How would we go about making sure we are some of the first to get off the ship?

1 hour ago, broderson said:

Thank you for the quick responses. I agree it is cutting it close and I would much prefer to spend a leisurely morning. However, the 8 am Ferry is the only Ferry of the day. How would we go about making sure we are some of the first to get off the ship?

Suggest you contact Victoria Clipper.  When I checked thier website this morning, it said they sail at 7:30 A.M.  I am assuming that check-in would be about 6:30 A.M. with actual boarding about 7:00 A.M.

24 minutes ago, broderson said:

Your right www3traveler, there are some 7:30 sailings. But on the day we travel, June 4th, it is an 8 A.M. departure.

What time you would have to check in and board?   Is there an afternoon sailing?  I thought I saw one mid afternoon.