Question on changing dining times

Buckeye_Siggy

Hello all.   I appreciate anyone who can help answer the following....

My party of 4 (two rooms) booked a last minute cruise and are currently 'Waitlisted for Your Time 5:30 - 9:00.'

The four of us prefer a 5:30pm, assigned table but i guess they are all taken up.  All previous cruises i have been on, we have booked early enough to have the 5:30pm assigned tables.

What options do i have once on board?    I am a platinum card, so i dont know if that give me any ability to cut a line.

Let me know if anyone has had success getting a change like this.

Thanks so much.

Edited by Buckeye_Siggy

Yep, I've done this in the past.  Normally the Maitre'D is available in one of the dining rooms from approximately 1:30 til 3:00 the day you get on the ship.  In my experience they've always bent over backwards to accommodate you (within reason - not everyone can get a table by the window for instance).

30 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

I booked last minute and I’m platinum.  I was traveling alone and wanted early seating.   Saw the MD upon boarding  

No can do they said. 

Doesn’t hurt to ask. 

Sometimes they will accommodate a larger party due to larger size tables still open 

So I'm a little confused OP.  What are you currently actually assigned to?  I'm assuming it's either Early/Late Fixed.  As others have said, your best bet to switch to your preferred ATD is to see the Maitre'D upon embarkation.

You can ask the maitre'd once you're onboard and see if they can change it for you - in some cases it may take a day or so to go into effect (if they even have the space and availability to make the requested change for that sailing).

Another option is to switch to any time dining. If you prefer having the same dining staff every night for ATD, just be there right when the dining room opens each night, check in at the hostess station rather than the app, request the same team and they can try to seat you in the same area.

• Like 1

I had clicked the request to be on early for the Panorama last summer and a couple of days before boarding it still said waitlisted. but when we boarded it was confirmed as early and table was assigned.   I had planned to see the Maitre'D upon embarkation but didn't have to as my request in cruise manager had gone through.