My Choice Dining

AmbitionatBay

Has anyone used the My Choice Dining Plan?  If so, do they put you in a separate dining room or was it a separate section in a main dining room?  Also, do you just show up when you want or can you make a reservation?  We are looking at booking the Meraviglia.

TYIA

6 hours ago, AmbitionatBay said:

Has anyone used the My Choice Dining Plan?  If so, do they put you in a separate dining room or was it a separate section in a main dining room?  Also, do you just show up when you want or can you make a reservation?  We are looking at booking the Meraviglia.

TYIA

The newer ships have a separate dining room, on most it's a separate section on the MDR. Yes, you just arrive a time of your choice, no reservation needed. Often they'll ask you for your estimated and preferred dining time to assist with their planning. For example we'd say 7.45pm to 8.15pm.

I have Aurea for the first time. I am traveling solo.  Would I be able to bring a non-Aurea guest to the Aurea dining area? If not, would I be able to eat with a Non Aurea guest in the main dining area? Thank you sorry I’m so confused.  Not keen on eating alone. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

We are sailing Dec. 28th on the Divina and have requested early dining, but are probably going to change it to my time dining so we can eat with out cruising friend....better to do it before the cruise?  If so, what dining rooms are we able to use?

Are you sure you are booked in the Aurea experience?  Typically, Aurea level is the only one assigned to dine anytime you choose (other than Yacht Club).  Fantastica allows you to request a time, and Bella is assigned.  For dining room, most Divina Aurea passengers have said that the Aurea section was in the Black Crab (the two-tier mid ship restaurant).

Edited by JAGR

11 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The newer ships have a separate dining room, on most it's a separate section on the MDR. Yes, you just arrive a time of your choice, no reservation needed. Often they'll ask you for your estimated and preferred dining time to assist with their planning. For example we'd say 7.45pm to 8.15pm.

Thank you!  We have not cruised on MSC before only NCL.  Is the Meraviglia a newer ship?  I thought it was but not sure.

20 hours ago, ddlb said:

I have Aurea for the first time. I am traveling solo.  Would I be able to bring a non-Aurea guest to the Aurea dining area? If not, would I be able to eat with a Non Aurea guest in the main dining area? Thank you sorry I’m so confused.  Not keen on eating alone. 

Non Aurea guests can't dine in the Aurea restaurant, you should be able to speak with the M'aitre D of your friends restaurant to see if you could dine with your friend in the MDR. 

22 hours ago, JAGR said:

Are you sure you are booked in the Aurea experience?  Typically, Aurea level is the only one assigned to dine anytime you choose (other than Yacht Club).  Fantastica allows you to request a time, and Bella is assigned.  For dining room, most Divina Aurea passengers have said that the Aurea section was in the Black Crab (the two-tier mid ship restaurant).

Thanks for the info...we have Fantastica, so I guess I won't be changing the time..thanks for the info!

30 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Thanks for the info...we have Fantastica, so I guess I won't be changing the time..thanks for the info!

BTW, you can try and tie your reservation with your friends to try and get assigned dining together, which is easy if you are both Fantastica.  If they are Aurea or Bella, you would have to go to the dining room when you board and ask the Maitre 'd to adjust reservations for both of you.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Fist time on MSC.  I have one YC balcony and one Aurea hot tub suite - assumed we could eat with the girls in the Aurea anytime dining Room.  Anyone know if YC can “drop down” experience for dinner???  Assumed so but with MSC, that may be a bad idea…

11 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Hmmm. Fist time on MSC.  I have one YC balcony and one Aurea hot tub suite - assumed we could eat with the girls in the Aurea anytime dining Room.  Anyone know if YC can “drop down” experience for dinner???  Assumed so but with MSC, that may be a bad idea…

Shouldn't be a problem. I would have the YC concierge make the arrangements for you to let the Aurea dining room (or area, depending on the ship) staff know about the seating in Aurea.

17 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Shouldn't be a problem. I would have the YC concierge make the arrangements for you to let the Aurea dining room (or area, depending on the ship) staff know about the seating in Aurea.

That’s a good suggestion JAGR - no surprises!