Norwegian fjords with a teenager

Kingseat

Can I please have your thoughts on the above?  Considering this cruise for next year from Southampton. Our son will be or nearly be 16 when we go.   I’m concerned he’d be bored and there won’t be many kids his age onboard v a summer cruise around Greece or the med etc. has anyone got any experience?  Thank you. 

If it's a summer cruise, I'd still expect there to be a decent number of other kids your son's age - but definitely not as many as the Med alternatives. We've taken our kids on a few fjords cruises during school holidays (both in May half-term and in August), and there have always been plenty of other teens onboard. And our kids really enjoyed the ports as well, there are lots of fun excursions available.

Our Norwegian fjords cruises would rank amongst our favourites, I personally wouldn't hesitate to recommend it - but I suppose it isn't necessarily what all teens would enjoy.

2 hours ago, Kingseat said:

We took our Granddaughter when she was 12. She loved the excursions. They are expensive but it's not worth going if you don't do anything. She went on the sky lift in Olden. An indoor wind tunnel from Flam. A zip wire in Bergen, and the petroleum museum in Stavanger. As a concession to us we also visited the flower Island in Stavanger. So lots of exciting things to keep teenagers happy 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, happy v said:

We took our Granddaughter when she was 12. She loved the excursions. They are expensive but it's not worth going if you don't do anything. She went on the sky lift in Olden. An indoor wind tunnel from Flam. A zip wire in Bergen, and the petroleum museum in Stavanger. As a concession to us we also visited the flower Island in Stavanger. So lots of exciting things to keep teenagers happy 

I think the problem is that what a 12 year old might enjoy, is totally different to a 16 year old. 

Children grow up very quickly at that age !

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think the problem is that what a 12 year old might enjoy, is totally different to a 16 year old. 

Children grow up very quickly at that age !

I have to disagree. All apart from perhaps the museum are still suitable. Said child is now 15 and would do the same again. It's a very long zip wire. From top of mountain to bottom. I was terrified!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, happy v said:

I have to disagree. All apart from perhaps the museum are still suitable. Said child is now 15 and would do the same again. It's a very long zip wire. From top of mountain to bottom. I was terrified!

I was just going by my personal experience. At 12 I was basically still a child,  at 16 I was out and about on my Vespa, drinking, pubbing, smoking etc ! "Glory Days" as the great Bruce sings.

• Like 1