September TA to Europe

Hi-

I'm trying to plan a round trip TA with about 4 to 6 weeks in Europe.  The trip would start in the US in September and return to the US in late October or early November, there are a bunch of cruise options on various lines coming back to the US, but from what I see getting to Europe is a bit more problematic.  I can only find three possibilities:  Cunard out to NY to Southampton on 9/11, Cunard out of Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona on 9/5, and a Carnival cruise out of Orlando to Barcelona on 9/21. 

I'm wondering if anyone is on a TA in September going east to Europe besides the three above.

Thanks,

Joe

45 minutes ago, Joe33472 said:

Hi-

I'm trying to plan a round trip TA with about 4 to 6 weeks in Europe.  The trip would start in the US in September and return to the US in late October or early November, there are a bunch of cruise options on various lines coming back to the US, but from what I see getting to Europe is a bit more problematic.  I can only find three possibilities:  Cunard out to NY to Southampton on 9/11, Cunard out of Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona on 9/5, and a Carnival cruise out of Orlando to Barcelona on 9/21. 

I'm wondering if anyone is on a TA in September going east to Europe besides the three above.

Thanks,

Joe

Other than Cunard you won't normally find many other cruise ship options for an E'bd TA in September.

The other option you can check is freighters, which can carry up to 12 pax and still be classed as a cargo ship. Here is the link to the CC board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/378-freighter-and-other-non-traditional-cruise-travel/

3 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

The other option you can check is freighters, which can carry up to 12 pax and still be classed as a cargo ship. Here is the link to the CC board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/378-freighter-and-other-non-traditional-cruise-travel/

I would LOVE to do this, the videos I've watched put this type of travel right up my alley.   But I think I'm going to have a tough time selling the idea when we've all been talking about a TA cruises.

If the fall schedule doesn't work out, I may try to plan this trip in spring 2024, but I think I'm going to have same problem in reverse.  Not many options on the westbound return to US in June/July...    

• Like 1

I think you have already identified the only 3 east bound crossings in September.  Just choose one, and away you go :).  We would be fine with any of those ships although Cunard's vessels would go to the top of our list.

Hank