2-23-23 Thursday Weigh-In----- Last Weigh-In Of February

Belle

February almost gone in a few days.

I don't know what to say.

March will be here soon.

Will you?

Most everyone having rain, snow or very cold weather.

You just want to stay inside and feel better.

Winter is hard eating wise; I know.

Nice hot foods/drink we can make that we just can't say no.

Still not a reason to not come in here each Thursday.

Really does help, even if only for you to not gain to during these winter days.

Losing is the game but staying the same is no shame during the winter months.

So, come back in and start weighing again.

Good Morning Belle - Thanks for starting the thread.   Snowing here too, but now they are saying that we may not get as much snow as they thought.  I'm ready for spring!!!

I got up and had coffee early this morning - perhaps will weigh later today or tomorrow - this has been a week of chocolate, so don't think there will be a loss.  Jan

Merry Christmas--Not really but with this weather could be Plus with

the "kids" had our Christmas. Had dinner out then back here to open

gifts and have dessert., Was hard to pick a day we could all get together.

with me and son taking cruises (not together) and everyone's working hours

and days off are different. But we finally made it.

So, after that I still lost a half a pound. I did bring leftovers home to eat.

tonight, but did eat the dessert. So, calories for one dinner will be for

two dinners. So, eating less. Happy.

Jan glad you got your taste of chocolate back which is a good thing but a bad thing too!

It's nice you might not get as much snow as they thought. Yes Spring, come soon!

This cold is getting to me, we don't have snow (tops of some mountains did)

can image what the gas bill is going to be. Running heater all the time.

Hope the others are doing all right and their weather isn't too bad.

Hope to see you all soon.

Edited by Belle

Belle thanks for starting off the week.

My mood has been up and down.  Farewell dinner for dear dog park friends who feel like family.  Stressful arranging  - invite dog park friends ,  getting appropriate going away card - getting signatures - fund raise (they’re moving to CA , one is on disability and the other works at Kroger.  
Dinner was tonight  - it was awesome - ( lots of tears) 12 total for dinner - raised $500 which to me is amazing the generosity of everyone.  I’m not usually the coordinator so it stressed me a lot because I over think everything.  

Im up .5. Pounds.  My son is gone for a week.  He’s been bringing in snacks. Will have to get him to stop.

weather is warm here we’ve already hit 80 which is usually not until April.   Afraid to think of what it will be this summer. 

Izena - Take a deep breath - sounds like you did awesome on the dinner and on the fundraising.  I am truly sorry that you are now going to have to come up with other ideas on dog care.  Perhaps you will meet new people.  

Not too bad for a gain .... hopefully your son will stop with the snacks (I say that as I sit here thinking about chocolate and cashews --- I will probably go to bed early tonight and read for awhile.

We have had our granddog here for the week - he is a very good boy and I've enjoyed having him around - he likes to sleep with me and he puts his head on my feet or has his feet touching my leg.  It is very nice ... Not ready for another dog ... but I'm enjoying being able to spoil him.  My son and family have been in Costa Rica .. they have had a blast and have had lots of family time - They are flying into Montreal tonight and will be here tomorrow afternoon/evening to pick up their dog .... I will miss the company.

Have a wonderful evening - Jan

Hello Izena         You did such a good dinner and raising money for your friend

to help with traveling. Sure, she is so thankful to you. Sorry up a little with the stress.

Son gone, can eat better and not snack. Will come off.

Oh 80, so cold here!  Can't wait for cruise and some warmer weather.

Jan glad you had fun with your granddog.. Animals are so loving. My cat use

to sleep with us too. Hope your son and family had a good time.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Jan hello nice you didn't have a gain. Good job on no snacks.

That's a hard thing for us to give up at times.

I'm worried about this site.  Where is everyone?  Losing our

"Old timers" and new ones not coming in.  Don't know if expecting

we have great advice and disappointed or what.

This is for weigh-ins to keep yourself accountable, keep track of our weight, eating and to 

talk to people who are doing the same thing. Hoping we could help each other.

Belle - It seems as if more people are now posting on another site (won't say the name, otherwise the post might be taken down).  I'm seeing very little new people.  I know that all my upcoming cruises have very little posting on CC.  It is too bad - I've met so many nice people over the years.

I've also love coming on to the Lose thread as it has been very good for me to talk about trying to lose weight and struggling.  Hopefully it will start picking up again.

I will keep posting!!!!  Hope you are having a good weekend. Jan          PS - I seem to have a new cruise (b2b) for October, 2024.  (I have a total of 7 cruises booked) - I keep saying I'm not going to book anymore --- but I think it's like chocolate!

• Like 1

Doing better with eating.   Jim returns Thursday and will let him know that any snacks left in the kitchen will be tossed.    

The girls will leave on Monday.   We’ve done the diner, fundraising and another person will work on the collage of owners with their dogs. 

I hate computers.  On phone with bank with help deleting a payee from app.  Which then triggered a notification from lifelock —  couldn’t find  the notification on their website ……etc ended up having a panic attack.   Bottom line lots of drama for nothing. 

yay my sons stepsister is leaving her car at my house for 3 weeks in Portugal.   Soo happy to help.  I’m less than 30 min from airport.  She lives about 3 hours away.

• Like 1