Coco Cay - Thrill Water Park $$$

Racer70

13 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I would love to hear from some people who think it's worth it and talk about their experiences. There  must be some who think it's  worth it since it is sold out.  I have my tickets but this discussion is making me reconsider.

Not worth it at all. Usually 2 ships in port and you are just standing in line all day. I used to love Coco back in the day, now I just find it a Disney park. I live in south Florida. I go on a cruise to enjoy the beautiful islands, not to go to an overcrowded playground. 

30 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I would love to hear from some people who think it's worth it and talk about their experiences. There  must be some who think it's  worth it since it is sold out.  I have my tickets but this discussion is making me reconsider.

I have been to the water park 5 times out of the 25 or so times I have been to Coco Cay since it was upgraded. I have paid as little as 69.99 and as much as $119.99. However, I am a huge fan of water parks and love slides, so I am obviously biased concerning this issue. I think the water park at Coco Cay is significantly better than the water parks I usually go to in my area (Adventure Island, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach). The fastest slides at Coco Cay are more thrilling than slides at the water parks I go to locally, although I think the best wave pool is at Typhoon Lagoon.  

• Like 1

My teenage kids said it wasn’t worth the money.   Lots of lines and there’s other fun stuff to do- swimming in either the pool or ocean, games on land, etc.   We have always gotten a day bed so there is one central meeting spot. 

On 2/25/2023 at 4:41 PM, sara mom said:

My teenage kids said it wasn’t worth the money.   Lots of lines and there’s other fun stuff to do- swimming in either the pool or ocean, games on land, etc.   We have always gotten a day bed so there is one central meeting spot. 

Thanks. The kids in our group are 2-12. May rethink  this.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:50 AM, Racer70 said:

Ticket prices for admission to Thrill Water Park @Coco Cay for our June 2023 cruise are currently $140 pp. Yikes!!

Do these admission prices ever drop or go on sale?

Of course we realize other parts of RCL’s private island are “complimentary”.

Per person?  Too much for me.  

On 2/25/2023 at 4:41 PM, sara mom said:

For that price, I'm genuinely surprised they have lines. 

31 minutes ago, dateacher said:

Keep in mind. Many of the slides could be a no go for the younger kids.  It was never even a consideration for us because of that alone.  The slides on the ships were plenty for the week and the island was a blast for the kids.  What kid doesn’t love the beach?  

On 2/25/2023 at 2:53 PM, topnole said:

To each there own for sure.  To me riding a slide in the Caribbean is no better or worse riding in stateside parks or wherever else.

Not to mention there is Atlantis which is also in the Bahamas and probably not much more money than the Coco Cay water park prices, might even be less depending on the cruise.

On 2/25/2023 at 3:36 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I have been to the water park 5 times out of the 25 or so times I have been to Coco Cay since it was upgraded.

Wait a minute.... I thought you said it was a once in a lifetime experience? Maybe I am confusing posters lol

53 minutes ago, dateacher said:

I would probably rethink it because your younger kids, definitely the 2 year old, would be entertained enough at the kiddie water parks.

The current price on my RCL trip planner for “Thrillwater Park” tickets at CocoCay is $133.99 per person.

We’ll be arriving on June 30 on the Mariner of the Seas. The Adventure of the Seas will also be there at the same time. 

I bought tickets for my two kids, almost 18 and 19 and they weren't really impressed. Said that they have been to better waterparks in Spain. And as a European I can only imagine the US waterparks...(well I actually don't need to imagine, I have seen them on youtube..) They spent maybe one or two hours there and then explored the island on their own. I am happy that I got the tickets for about $50 almost a year in advance on a black friday sale because they both said that it was not worth $100 each even if they didn't pay for it themselves.

Our kids really enjoyed it when we went last March.  They had a ton of fun but they are teens.  There is two areas of slides, an obstacle type course in water, and a big wave pool.  It was great too as we were the only ship in port (Anthem) and it was 60% capacity.  So no lines (except one time on the big slide for 20 minutes).  We'll see this time as we are one of two ships in port, and 100% capacity.  Can imagine lines will be long this time.

Note too that there are some free slides (and I think a splash area) when you walk in for the little ones.  It may be too small though for the ones closer to 12.

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Not to mention there is Atlantis which is also in the Bahamas and probably not much more money than the Coco Cay water park prices, might even be less depending on the cruise.

Think again. For their week Atlantis water park only is $250 for adults and $125 for age 4 -12.  Cheapest week of the year for Atlantis is $150 for adults and $95 for kids. 

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Wait a minute.... I thought you said it was a once in a lifetime experience? Maybe I am confusing posters lol

I don’t think you are confusing posters. I didn’t look back, but I think I said for some cruisers it might be a once in a lifetime experience. I am lucky enough to live in Florida and can drive to 5 ports in 4 hours or less, so I go on quite a few shorter cruises every year since I don’t have to worry about flying, hotels, rental cars, etc. And every short cruise on RCI goes to Coco Cay. 

25 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think you are confusing posters. I didn’t look back, but I think I said for some cruisers it might be a once in a lifetime experience. I am lucky enough to live in Florida and can drive to 5 ports in 4 hours or less, so I go on quite a few shorter cruises every year since I don’t have to worry about flying, hotels, rental cars, etc. And every short cruise on RCI goes to Coco Cay. 

Ah, I see.... and no I don't expect you to look back through this thread lol

42 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Think again. For their week Atlantis water park only is $250 for adults and $125 for age 4 -12.  Cheapest week of the year for Atlantis is $150 for adults and $95 for kids. 

Maybe I was thinking of the cruise planner price which is not a full day....it has been a while since I've been to Nassau.

51 minutes ago, westcoastBC said:

okay, let's pretend the park is free. Is it a fun time for 10-16 year olds?

Of course it would be.  What park isn’t fun when it’s free.  I’d stop by as an adult for a while if it was free.  I think it was 125 a person our last cruise. For a family of 5 that is 625 and our kids were all big enough to ride the big slides.  That’s just stupid expensive for what it is.   And meanwhile a great island is their to enjoy with lots of cool things that are free.  My wife and I have done 4 night cruises on Royal for less than 625 to put the price in perspective.  

On 2/23/2023 at 4:57 PM, Rogueperson said:

Wow, those are Disney prices!!!  Universal Studios is only 109 for a 1 park 1 day ticket.  Disney is higher, but no one outdoes the Mouse...

I think the 'Mouse' was previously a pickpocket. My wallet is empty every time I leave the "Kingdom" as a pauper. 😁

We haven't been to Coco Cay in a few years (before the thrill park).  We are taking our adult daughter and granddaughter (7 yrs old) on their first cruise. Is there still a lot to do on Coco Cay without adding paid excursions (except maybe snorkeling).  The price on our cruise to the water park is currently about $90 per person, which I don't think makes good sense if there is a lot of free things to do for a 7 year old!

Any thoughts or suggestions for us?

18 hours ago, topnole said:

Of course it would be.  What park isn’t fun when it’s free.  I’d stop by as an adult for a while if it was free.  I think it was 125 a person our last cruise. For a family of 5 that is 625 and our kids were all big enough to ride the big slides.  That’s just stupid expensive for what it is.   And meanwhile a great island is their to enjoy with lots of cool things that are free.  My wife and I have done 4 night cruises on Royal for less than 625 to put the price in perspective.  

You missed my point. I don't care if you think it is too expensive. I want to know from someone that has been there with young teens if they had a blast or blah.