Parking query

thepeb

Just booked again for Iona on the G312 after doing the G303. Last time I uses Sky Park and booked in the Triangle car park. This went really well so wanted to use it again. This time I cannot and have tried different companies. Anyone know how risky it is just turning up on the day and pay via the machines- Is there a chance it could be full??!! Don't want to stress if its a big risk so alternative is Portside Meet and Greet...anyone used these?

Thanks Paul

6 minutes ago, thepeb said:

Just booked again for Iona on the G312 after doing the G303. Last time I uses Sky Park and booked in the Triangle car park. This went really well so wanted to use it again. This time I cannot and have tried different companies. Anyone know how risky it is just turning up on the day and pay via the machines- Is there a chance it could be full??!! Don't want to stress if its a big risk so alternative is Portside Meet and Greet...anyone used these?

Thanks Paul

Have you tried Parking4cruises  ?

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks for the reply and help. Yes I did, Triangle not on there just three Meet and Greets- Budget to Premium. All more expensive than the quote Ive had for Portside Meet and Greet

31 minutes ago, thepeb said:

Thanks for the reply and help. Yes I did, Triangle not on there just three Meet and Greets- Budget to Premium. All more expensive than the quote Ive had for Portside Meet and Greet

Did you actually go on the Parking4cruises web site, rather than through a broker ?

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 hours ago, thepeb said:

Thanks Paul

Just now, tokyo1949 said:

We booked Triangle last week for our cruise on the 18th March through Holiday Extras. A little concern now as someone on reviews said they were going to book Triangle but didnt as they dont guarantee parking space when you arrive. Thats a bit worrying as dont want to turn up and then cant park and have to panic to find somewhere else. Pleased to hear you had a good experience with them thats reassuring

• Like 1

If you are looking to just turn up without booking in advance for whatever reason, you could park at Eastgate Street Multi-storey car park run by Southampton City Council. It is £7 for the first day and then £4/day. It is about 10-15 minutes walk from Ocean Terminal (you can drop off your luggage and any passengers first). Pay on exit 

Parking for cruises and long stay visitors (southampton.gov.uk) 

Alternatively you can book a space at the Ibis/Novotel car park (closer to Mayflower terminal or 20 minute walk to Ocean) through YourParkingSpace. You can book just before you turn up, or book in advance with free cancellation up to 24 hours before. This will cost £3.90/day + £1 booking fee. It is more difficult to get a space here recently, because it's quite popular due to the price. (For G312 there is no availabilty at 12pm on departure day, try setting it to 1pm instead) Pay on app / website

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/4294958065

Edited by NavyPanda
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, tokyo1949 said:

We booked Triangle last week for our cruise on the 18th March through Holiday Extras. A little concern now as someone on reviews said they were going to book Triangle but didnt as they dont guarantee parking space when you arrive. Thats a bit worrying as dont want to turn up and then cant park and have to panic to find somewhere else. Pleased to hear you had a good experience with them thats reassuring

there were loads of spaces when we wend on G303

35 minutes ago, NavyPanda said:

If you are looking to just turn up without booking in advance for whatever reason, you could park at Eastgate Street Multi-storey car park run by Southampton City Council. It is £7 for the first day and then £4/day. It is about 10-15 minutes walk from Ocean Terminal (you can drop off your luggage and any passengers first). Pay on exit 

Parking for cruises and long stay visitors (southampton.gov.uk) 

Alternatively you can book a space at the Ibis/Novotel car park (closer to Mayflower terminal or 20 minute walk to Ocean) through YourParkingSpace. You can book just before you turn up, or book in advance with free cancellation up to 24 hours before. This will cost £3.90/day + £1 booking fee. It is more difficult to get a space here recently, because it's quite popular due to the price. (For G312 there is no availabilty at 12pm on departure day, try setting it to 1pm instead) Pay on app / website

https://www.yourparkingspace.co.uk/locations/show/4294958065

That is a great idea and thank you for the link. This gives us options and less scary now so may not pre book. As long as we get there in good time we can try Triangle first then Eastgate etc.

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

How does parking4cruises work? We normally just book the official cruise parking. Will be our first P & O cruise in September.

Thank you

Basically the same as CPS. You drive to the terminal, unload your luggage (and passengers) drive 200yards to the short stay car park where they are waiting for you. Have your car photographed, hand your keys over and walk back to the terminal.

On return just go straight to the short stay car park and collect your car.

2 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

My husband is a blue badge holder. Do they have facilities for that with parking4cruises?

If you mean a disabled parking space, that is not required. As already stated, the driver drops off everyone else and the luggage at the terminal and drives the short distance to the car park. They then take your vehicle to an off-site parking facilty. If the driver requires additional space to alight from the vehicle, they should wind their window down and let the attendant know, and they will guide you accordingly. Just let them know if additional space is required when the vehicle is returned.

10 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

My husband is a blue badge holder. Do they have facilities for that with parking4cruises?

Is your husband the driver?

If he is not the driver then he can be dropped off at the terminal along with the luggage (no they will not put him through the hole in wall😉) whilst the driver parks the car. If he is the driver then I don't know what the arrangements are and you would need to contact P4C for advice.

10 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

8 hours ago, TigerB said:

If you mean a disabled parking space, that is not required. As already stated, the driver drops off everyone else and the luggage at the terminal and drives the short distance to the car park. They then take your vehicle to an off-site parking facilty. If the driver requires additional space to alight from the vehicle, they should wind their window down and let the attendant know, and they will guide you accordingly. Just let them know if additional space is required when the vehicle is returned.

43 minutes ago, david63 said:

Is your husband the driver?

If he is not the driver then he can be dropped off at the terminal along with the luggage (no they will not put him through the hole in wall😉) whilst the driver parks the car. If he is the driver then I don't know what the arrangements are and you would need to contact P4C for advice.

If your husband is the only driver, and cannot manage the two hundred metres or so back to the terminal, then he may be able to ask one of the staff members to return him in the car. It is not a service they advertise; they may do it, or they may not, but it may be worth asking. To the best of my recollection, there are a couple of staff checking in vehicles; the others are the drivers who take them to the compound.