No more credit given to PVPs for “on hold” cruises

audcc77

I did say I was late to the party. The last time I did a hold and had a PVP book it was probably 2016. But still no solid answer to after I cancel or let the hold expire is there an amount of time that has to pass to have the PVP book it and get the credit?

8 minutes ago, weston479 said:

I did say I was late to the party. The last time I did a hold and had a PVP book it was probably 2016. But still no solid answer to after I cancel or let the hold expire is there an amount of time that has to pass to have the PVP book it and get the credit?

I don't think anyone officially knows.  You could ask your PVP, and maybe they will offer a timeframe, but maybe they don't even know?

I think about 6 cruises ago, my PVP said to me "don't put cruises on hold because I won't get credit with Carnival for booking you" or something to that end.  I said sure and she has always gotten back to me in a timely fashion, especially if I say I have a cruise to book.  Even if I say I have a question, she will call me within 24 hours.

12 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I don't think anyone officially knows.  You could ask your PVP, and maybe they will offer a timeframe, but maybe they don't even know?

I think they know but can't say from what I gathered on the phone as its a recorded line. 

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I think about 6 cruises ago, my PVP said to me "don't put cruises on hold because I won't get credit with Carnival for booking you" or something to that end.  I said sure and she has always gotten back to me in a timely fashion, especially if I say I have a cruise to book.  Even if I say I have a question, she will call me within 24 hours.

yeah no issues with my PVP just didn't know about this change to to rules for them to get credit. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, weston479 said:

yeah no issues with my PVP just didn't know about this change to to rules for them to get credit. 

I was not aware of this either...until earlier this week. Last weekend we decided to try and book a cruise for December, one we've been "debating" for a while. Cabin selection of course is limited, but we found one suitable for the cruise. We did put a hold on it on Saturday, which all info showed was only a 24 hour hold, never knew there ever was a 48 hour hold. Our PVP is not available on weekends. We tried unsuccessfully to get the hold extended to Monday, so we just booked it over the weekend, but had emailed our PVP in the off chance she checked her email. She didn't but called me on Monday and told us even if it was on hold, she'd not get the credit for it...I was a bit surprised, but no biggie, she understood. Not working weekends works for her. Now we know. I think last time we put a cruise on hold was like in 2009 when we were able to put a hold on a cruise, at the suggestion of our PVP then, who was able to take it off hold and get credit for the booking,