Aft wrap balcony on Venezia--your experience with its Vista-class sisters

mizLORInj

ok, so on this ship it looks like decks 6, 7, 8 and 9 all have aft wraps  (category TM).  So my question is:   on which deck is the crew/emergency stairway door right next to the cabin entrance?

Why does this matter you ask; I will tell you.    On Conquest class and others I now can't recall, we usually chose deck 6 because it was above either a club (did not get noise) or other cabins once they refurbed (=added more cabins and eliminated said club).   One time we chose a deck other than 6 (7 I think) and heard the stairway door slamming all the time from crew.  

So if you have stayed in these cabins, please let me know your experience with noise.

Thanks in advance, and of course, HAPPY CRUISING!  🙂

I have stayed in a Havana aft wrap on deck 7. I did not ever notice a crew stairwell. There is a stairway (but it is out of the way and we never noticed noise from it), but it is for the people on decks 6, 7 and 8 to get down to the Havana area and not for the crew as far as I know.  It has Havana carpet on it, etc. and doesn't look like a crew stairwell.   

We had aft wrap 8465 on Horizon and our sons were in 8461, which is not a Havana cabin but which is one of the "L"-shaped cabins with a large balcony. We were able to open balcony partition between the two cabins. The crew stairwell was between the two cabins, which wrapped around it. The only time I saw the stairwell in use was during the boat drill (this was pre-Covid) and neither we nor our sons ever heard any noise from the stairwell.

The stairwell Eli_6 is talking about is on the port side and is for passengers' use in going down to the Havana bar area. It was very convenient.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

We had aft wrap 8465 on Horizon and our sons were in 8461, which is not a Havana cabin but which is one of the "L"-shaped cabins with a large balcony. We were able to open balcony partition between the two cabins. The crew stairwell was between the two cabins, which wrapped around it. The only time I saw the stairwell in use was during the boat drill (this was pre-Covid) and neither we nor our sons ever heard any noise from the stairwell.

The stairwell Eli_6 is talking about is on the port side and is for passengers' use in going down to the Havana bar area. It was very convenient.

We had same set up in cabins on Glory, never heard any noise from stairwell deck 7.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, serene56 said:

the crew stairs are on 6,7,8,9    you can see the stairs on this deck plan   https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Carnival-Venezia

Right, but where is the door to enter the stairwell.  It shows only on decks 6 and 7.   I'm sure there is one on all decks for safety reasons.  

I know some don't get why I'm asking this, but believe me, the door slamming kept us awake when we had the door next to the stairwell.   

2 hours ago, mizLORInj said:

Right, but where is the door to enter the stairwell.  It shows only on decks 6 and 7.   I'm sure there is one on all decks for safety reasons.  

I know some don't get why I'm asking this, but believe me, the door slamming kept us awake when we had the door next to the stairwell.   

Those stairs are not on lower decks as that’s cabin space and public area.   6,7,8,9 have crew only stairs.     We had cabins in that area a few times and never heard the slamming      Did you let someone know?