New Menu

mojomanny

I have been on three 7 day cruises since December and a ton of cruises over all

Two of my recent cruises were with the new menu, one was with the old menu.

I dislike the new menu.

Why?
The options are not very appealing to the point that some nights I skipped having starters, other nights I skipped desserts. (it does save RCCL if you skip and it helps your waistline too)

The theming makes no sense because one or two of the entrees do not fit the theme

That's my 2¢ on the subject

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I haven't cruised with the new menus yet but I'm going next week. I have reviewed the menus and already selected *at least* one starter, entree, and dessert I want each night, some nights it's definitely going to be more than one even if I have to battle to get that second plate. 

I don't do the specialty restaurants, MDR is fine with us, I know Windjammer is available if necessary but we've never had to resort to that. 

• Like 1

Food is such a subjective topic.  What appeals and amazes one will disappoint another.  Throw in trying to initiate the new menus across an entire fleet of ships and we can only imagine the complexities involved.  We just disembarked Anthem OTS and ate in the MDR for 5 of the 7 nights and really enjoyed each of the nights we ate there.  While not having the 'standbys' took some getting used to, we managed to never leave hungry nor disappointed.  Everyone's opinions who have actually tried the new menus is equally valid for sure.  Nor should anyone's opinion carry any more value than any others.  I do wonder what feedback they are gathering.  In speaking with our waitstaff on Anthem they are getting in the groove.

16 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I haven't cruised with the new menus yet but I'm going next week. I have reviewed the menus and already selected *at least* one starter, entree, and dessert I want each night, some nights it's definitely going to be more than one even if I have to battle to get that second plate. 

I don't do the specialty restaurants, MDR is fine with us, I know Windjammer is available if necessary but we've never had to resort to that. 

I believe that you can always get a second plate and a third, but you can only have one delivered at a time. 

4 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We do not eat meat so we usually always eat the fish option and if that isn't to our liking there was always the reliable Salmon. Has this changed?

They no longer have the salmon option every night. They do have one fish entree every night, and if you don't want it and don't eat meat they also have a vegan option every night. 

There is a website that has the menus posted but I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to it here. But if you search for "Royal Caribbean new menus" you will find the article with the menus. Probably even the first result in the list. 

• Like 1

Thank you so much. I did google as you said and reviewed the new menus. Interesting.

I don't know if anyone has the answers, but there were a couple of nights where there really wasn't anything acceptable for us to eat as we do not eat shellfish either. So if asked the waiter or Maitre'D if is possible could get something to our liking, like salmon, what are the chances of getting it? 

In fact, there was one night when there wasn't even a fish item on the menu, I would think they would accommodate a cruiser if they couldn't eat what was there.  In the past, we used to ask the maitre'd for the next day's menu and if there wasn't anything we could eat, we would order something from a past menu (or salmon) and they were always accommodating. Would this have changed?

Cheers

Len

16 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I don't think you'll have a problem getting a second plate.  I have been able to find at least one entree every night that was palatable.  However, this is the first cruise where I gladly go the Windjammer for a "snack" about three hours after our 5:00 dinner in the MDR.  I am skipping desserts and bread at this time, so I rely heavily on starters and entrees.  We are on our second week of two, and are opting to go to the Solarium Bistro for dinner on Caribbean Night.  I will miss the waiters dressed in Caribbean shirts and singing and dancing a bit, but I prefer the SB menu for that night.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

So if asked the waiter or Maitre'D if is possible could get something to our liking, like salmon, what are the chances of getting it? 

So far everyone says pretty close to zero. 

If you look at the bottom of each menu it says "Requests for items that are not featured on this menu can only be accommodated for allergens or dietary restrictions". They are sticking to this, if you don't see something you like they're not going to let you order off-menu. 

That's the night you eat at the WIndjammer or a specialty restaurant.