Is Cunard tweaking the Gala Evening dress code?

bluemarble

14 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

I didn't mean online.  It's too easy to be mean / sharp / inconsiderate, on an anonymous website.  

I meant in person.  Like on a ship.  I think even the judgmental types here wouldn't actually have the audacity to go up to someone they saw on a ship and make a judgmental statement to them.  

People might roll their eyes to their friends/spouse; or make a snide comment to a friend, but that's about the extent of it.

As this issue has been discussed on this Cunard board,  the judgemental aspect mentioned by at least two of us, refers to this board and not a f2f aspect.

With regards to f2f, I completely agree with you. I cannot imagine some of the very strong views espoused on this board over the years with regards to what's proper and what isn't, would ever be said to any individual annoying the affronted person.

It isn't  passengers'  right to be the Dress Police however much they'd like to be.

• Like 3

I find it hard to believe that we're the only folk who notice when someone stands out so clearly from the norm.  We more frequently notice stunning outfits and might complement those in certain circumstances. We'd never comment in other circumstances.

Funnily enough almost the reverse of that happened. Earlier that night one of those folk, at that point in double denim, passed us at Grand Lobby Upper Balcony. When originally booked for 2020 our trip had a 3rd Gala Night each week and we decided to dress to the original code when we booked. The ship photographers had set up there as well even though it wasn't a Gala. While we were having photos taken the person passed, turned back and demanded if they had missed something, on the pretext that perhaps they should have dressed for Gala. I wasn't at all sure if they were trying to imply that we shouldn't have been dressing beyond the minimum code for that evening.