Important advisory regarding your Carnival cruise

Old Fart Cruisers

I don't know if this has been covered before, but I just got this from email from Carnival and haven't seen it before.

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe8b13727263017876/m/1/Header_Info.jpg

GUEST ADVISORY

SAFETY FIRST! GUIDELINES

February 28, 2023 

Dear Carnival Guest,  

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!

You will be sailing with us during Spring Break, which is traditionally a period of high occupancy. As part of our commitment to create the best environment to provide a fun and memorable vacation for all, we would like to remind you of our Safety First! guidelines, as we CHOOSE FUN TOGETHER. 

RESPECTFUL AND CONSIDERATE GENERAL CONDUCT 

We want you to have a memorable vacation but please remember a cruise ship is a shared space. Our Carnival Values underscore that all guests should feel welcome and included, and that everyone demonstrates care and respect towards each other. Our experience has taught us that everyone has a better time when children are supervised, noise in the hallways is kept to a minimum, guests follow queues, and that a spirit of community and neighborliness is shown by all. 

All guests must acknowledge our Code of Conduct during the check-in process. Please be familiar with these guidelines, and if you are sailing as a group or family, please make sure you have a conversation so that everyone understands how they can support the shipboard leaders in creating a fun and safe environment. 

For safety reasons, public announcements must be heard by all guests and crew. Consequently, guests must use earphones when listening to music or watching shows/movies on personal devices (such as mobile phone, tablets, and laptops) in public spaces. In addition, music speakers and large radios will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

And we know people love to sunbathe, but please be aware that reserving sun loungers or seats in any of our venues is not permitted. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. 

ALCOHOL AND BEVERAGE GUIDELINES 
  • No hard liquor or beer may be brought on board. Guests 21 years of age and older may bring one bottle (750 ml) of wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage when embarking for their cruise.
  • Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas, and other non-alcoholic beverages, that are packaged in bottles. On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less, per person. 
  • All hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of our approved exceptions are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage. Such items will be confiscated and discarded, and no compensation will be provided.
Click here to read our complete beverage policy.

TOBACCO AND MARIJUANA SMOKING

Smoking in non-designated areas, including staterooms and balconies, and discharging any item overboard is prohibited and will result in a $500 charge per violation. This applies to all forms of smoking, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes, and marijuana. 

Carnival recognizes that some states in the U.S. have legalized the use of recreational and/or medical marijuana. However, cruise lines are required to follow U.S. federal law, which strictly prohibits possession and use of marijuana and other illegal substances. Consequently, marijuana, including marijuana for medical purposes, and other illegal drugs, are not allowed on board. 

Please review our complete Tobacco and Marijuana Smoking Policy.

PERSONAL SAFETY 

Although everyone's safety is our concern, all guests should take responsibility for their personal safety. You're on a moving ship, so please hold on to handrails when possible and never climb on rails. When out on deck, be mindful of wet surfaces (especially by the pool area), always wear appropriate deck shoes and dry-off before enjoying any of our outdoor sports equipment or going inside from the pool areas.

The ship's leaders are responsible for your safety and making sure everyone on board feels welcome under our "Have Fun. Be Safe." motto. Please direct any concerns to our Guest Services team so that those matters can be addressed promptly. 

Have Fun. Be Safe.

Sincerely,

7436bfd8-e2f5-424e-ab0c-3a2617dabebd.jpg
Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe8b13727263017876/m/1/header_img_bottom.png
http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/1/spacer.gif
Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

They are FINALLY cracking down on potential bad behavior to ensure the cruises go well.  Someone on another posting stated there were dogs checking suitcases for drugs at their Carnival embarkation.  Doesn't matter if it is Spring Break or not--civility and good behavior should always be a part of every cruise. 

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, LibertyBella said:

They are FINALLY cracking down on potential bad behavior to ensure the cruises go well.  Someone on another posting stated there were dogs checking suitcases for drugs at their Carnival embarkation.  Doesn't matter if it is Spring Break or not--civility and good behavior should always be a part of every cruise. 

Dream on, Carnival won't do a thing about bad behavior once a person is onboard.  The letter is  just a wind screen.  Always will have the same clientele that has taken over a once very nice cruise line.

• Like 6

Thanks for sharing.

I haven't seen this particular letter (my next scheduled Carnival sailing is in November), but Carnival President covered most of this territory in a video a week or two ago. There's a thread about it around here somewhere; I'm too lazy to go looking for it.

I'm from Canada and not very farmiliar with US spring break. When does it start I'm cruising out of Baltimore Mar 5 will I be ok. Been at a couple of resorts while spring break was going on a while back and wasn't a fan.

Noting really new here, This information is already on the site and/or in the cruise contract. The only difference is that they are sending it out so no one can say they were not informed, We will see whether these things are actually enforced

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rev6ho said:

I'm from Canada and not very farmiliar with US spring break. When does it start I'm cruising out of Baltimore Mar 5 will I be ok. Been at a couple of resorts while spring break was going on a while back and wasn't a fan.

There probably will be some. I have booked first week of march and been surprised how many springbreakers there were. If its a seven day cruise there will probably be less.

• Like 1

They are already trying to enforce these rules, at least on Mardi Gras they were. My friend got flagged coming back on the ship from being in port. He had been drinking and was swaying and security stopped to talk to him. They ask him a few questions and let him go. The next day he couldn't purchase any drinks until he spoke to security. They made him write an apology paragraph on being drunk. We thought it was quite silly, we all had a good laugh. But I think that's a starting point in case he did get drunk again and caused a scene. I'm not sure what the 2nd offense might have been.

Edited by nascartim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

Figure it this way, about the time you snowbirds go home

Though some go home earlier, we have many snowbirds here through the end of April.

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Spring break starts earlier for many colleges - some as soon as mid-February.

Below is from an article I just saw. But yes, some have already had their Spring Break.

When is Spring Break 2023? For US colleges, Spring Break lasts one week and falls in March or April, with the peaking in the last two weeks of March. In 2023 the peak weeks will be Mar 4th and Mar 11th.

4 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Drunk is against the rules?

I think that's what they are trying to create. Stop the visibly intoxicated people right from the get go so it doesn't get out of hand. I don't know how they are going to control it on some of the ships. The Paradise is a big party ship, drunks everywhere. But MG, I guess they don't want to tarnish the new image. 

16 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I don't know if this has been covered before, but I just got this from email from Carnival and haven't seen it before.

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe8b13727263017876/m/1/Header_Info.jpg

GUEST ADVISORY

SAFETY FIRST! GUIDELINES

February 28, 2023 

Dear Carnival Guest,  

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!

You will be sailing with us during Spring Break, which is traditionally a period of high occupancy. As part of our commitment to create the best environment to provide a fun and memorable vacation for all, we would like to remind you of our Safety First! guidelines, as we CHOOSE FUN TOGETHER. 

RESPECTFUL AND CONSIDERATE GENERAL CONDUCT 

We want you to have a memorable vacation but please remember a cruise ship is a shared space. Our Carnival Values underscore that all guests should feel welcome and included, and that everyone demonstrates care and respect towards each other. Our experience has taught us that everyone has a better time when children are supervised, noise in the hallways is kept to a minimum, guests follow queues, and that a spirit of community and neighborliness is shown by all. 

All guests must acknowledge our Code of Conduct during the check-in process. Please be familiar with these guidelines, and if you are sailing as a group or family, please make sure you have a conversation so that everyone understands how they can support the shipboard leaders in creating a fun and safe environment. 

For safety reasons, public announcements must be heard by all guests and crew. Consequently, guests must use earphones when listening to music or watching shows/movies on personal devices (such as mobile phone, tablets, and laptops) in public spaces. In addition, music speakers and large radios will be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

And we know people love to sunbathe, but please be aware that reserving sun loungers or seats in any of our venues is not permitted. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis. 

ALCOHOL AND BEVERAGE GUIDELINES 
  • No hard liquor or beer may be brought on board. Guests 21 years of age and older may bring one bottle (750 ml) of wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage when embarking for their cruise.
  • Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas, and other non-alcoholic beverages, that are packaged in bottles. On embarkation day, a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, energy drinks, juice, and milk), packaged in cans or cartons, may be brought on board and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12-ounces/354-ml each or less, per person. 
  • All hard liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of our approved exceptions are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage. Such items will be confiscated and discarded, and no compensation will be provided.
Click here to read our complete beverage policy.

TOBACCO AND MARIJUANA SMOKING

Smoking in non-designated areas, including staterooms and balconies, and discharging any item overboard is prohibited and will result in a $500 charge per violation. This applies to all forms of smoking, including cigarettes, cigars, pipes, vaporizers, electronic cigarettes, and marijuana. 

Carnival recognizes that some states in the U.S. have legalized the use of recreational and/or medical marijuana. However, cruise lines are required to follow U.S. federal law, which strictly prohibits possession and use of marijuana and other illegal substances. Consequently, marijuana, including marijuana for medical purposes, and other illegal drugs, are not allowed on board. 

Please review our complete Tobacco and Marijuana Smoking Policy.

PERSONAL SAFETY 

Although everyone's safety is our concern, all guests should take responsibility for their personal safety. You're on a moving ship, so please hold on to handrails when possible and never climb on rails. When out on deck, be mindful of wet surfaces (especially by the pool area), always wear appropriate deck shoes and dry-off before enjoying any of our outdoor sports equipment or going inside from the pool areas.

The ship's leaders are responsible for your safety and making sure everyone on board feels welcome under our "Have Fun. Be Safe." motto. Please direct any concerns to our Guest Services team so that those matters can be addressed promptly. 

Have Fun. Be Safe.

Sincerely,

7436bfd8-e2f5-424e-ab0c-3a2617dabebd.jpg
Colleen Oliverio
VP, Guest Services - Contact Centers

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe8b13727263017876/m/1/header_img_bottom.png
http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/1/spacer.gif
Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

When are you sailing?

16 minutes ago, nascartim said:

They made him write an apology paragraph on being drunk. We thought it was quite silly, we all had a good laugh. But I think that's a starting point in case he did get drunk again and caused a scene. I'm not sure what the 2nd offense might have been.

Image result for punishment writing lines on a blackboard

Image result for punishment writing lines on a blackboard

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Old Fart Cruisers said:

We are sailing on 3/11/23 on Carnival Spirit from Miami (8-day cruise), so not like it's a 3 or 4-day Booze Cruise.  We received the email last night.

Hopefully you wont get too many since it's a longer cruise.

We did a 3 day out of Miami many years ago on Labor day weekend when we were kinda new cruisers.

Never, ever again!

Some guy wanted to beat up my husband (who at the time was 50ish) and this guy was the father of a young girl who wouldn't stop talking during a comedy show.   I had asked her very nicely if she could stop talking as it was very distracting.  Well, of course she continued to talk even louder and that's when my husband asked her to stop.  The father didn't like that so he got in my husband's face (this guy was huge and drunk) and told my husband to "ask nicely" and I interjected and said I already did and apparently your daughter didn't care and still remained rude.  It started a whole commotion that the guy had to be removed from the club.  

The rest of the cruise I was nervous about running into them again but never did.

After that we never took a cruise shorter than 6 days!

Have a great cruise!!

• Like 2