Bought Princess Premier package in Nov for a July Alaska cruise, do I need to pay more for Premier "new" benefits?

sannibelislander

Hi all,

In November 2022 I booked a Discovery Princess Alaska cruise for July 2023. I purchased the Premier Package at the time. I will make the final payment in April. I see there are new Premier benefits, and from what I've read on the Princess website I think I still need to pay more for the new benefits, but I'm confused about it.

Is Princess automatically including new benefits if you already included the Premier Package? I called Princess and can't get a good answer. The rep said I need to pay an additional $420 (7 night cruise, 2 people), so that's an additional $30 per day per person. That can't be right, can it? I think he misunderstood me and priced the upgrade from Plus to Premier? I thought it would be $5 pp per day maybe, or that it would be free.

If someone could clarify I'd appreciate it! Thank you and happy cruising! 

5 minutes ago, sannibelislander said:

Hi all,

In November 2022 I booked a Discovery Princess Alaska cruise for July 2023. I purchased the Premier Package at the time. I will make the final payment in April. I see there are new Premier benefits, and from what I've read on the Princess website I think I still need to pay more for the new benefits, but I'm confused about it.

Is Princess automatically including new benefits if you already included the Premier Package? I called Princess and can't get a good answer. The rep said I need to pay an additional $420 (7 night cruise, 2 people), so that's an additional $30 per day per person. That can't be right, can it? I think he misunderstood me and priced the upgrade from Plus to Premier? I thought it would be $5 pp per day maybe, or that it would be free.

If someone could clarify I'd appreciate it! Thank you and happy cruising! 

If you want the new items, ie desserts, exercise classes, etc - you have to pay the difference to the new pricing.

Otherwise, you'll get what was included in your package at time of booking.

It's in the FAQs on the website:

https://www.princess.com/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/

#3 and #5, etc . 

Thank you so much for the responses--now I feel like I know what's going on! I just followed your directions, and can't seem to upgrade online, which would be so convenient. I go through the steps and end up seeing a message saying I need to call my Travel Agent or Princess. Guess I'll try to get my TA to help since Princess couldn't seem to. Thanks again! image.png.8ed4f2d0c2b2f8d61446b41e77b2734c.png

My TA had to do the upgrade for me.  We tried to do the upgrade back in late January or early February but the "coding" wasn't there to complete it.  Some time in late February it all opened up and she was able to get it coded right and updated my final bill amount.  I asked my TA if it was difficult to upgrade and she indicated it was not.

I'm not surprised that Princess's toll free line is dysfunctional right now.  That is a common comment on the boards.  So glad I use a TA and am not trying to home grow my cruise vacations anymore.  I'm not sure when Princess's own customer support staff are going to be up to speed.

Hello, yesterday I "upgraded " from the old premier package to the new premier package by simply clicking on the upgrade now button in cruise personalizer. I received no confirmation email . I only saw my final payment had increased by the appropriate amount. I tried the live chat feature. The consultant did not know why I had not received a confirmation email of the change. The  consultant immediately emailed the new confirmation email and the upgraded inclusions. I hope this helps. Cheers,Buzz.

25 minutes ago, BuzzBuzzen said:

Hello, yesterday I "upgraded " from the old premier package to the new premier package by simply clicking on the upgrade now button in cruise personalizer. I received no confirmation email . I only saw my final payment had increased by the appropriate amount. I tried the live chat feature. The consultant did not know why I had not received a confirmation email of the change. The  consultant immediately emailed the new confirmation email and the upgraded inclusions. I hope this helps. Cheers,Buzz.

Why ?  What new things did you think you needed?

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Why ?  What new things did you think you needed?

I was responding to the OP's question with my experience with upgrading. I did not ask you or anyone for their  2 cents worth of judgemental questioning.

Our upcoming 11 night cruise we have purchased the Plus package which we purchased using credits,  I checked today and to upgrade to the Premium for the trip was an additional $440.  

No thanks