Solo sale question

You can find solo "discounts" on many cruises at any time.  They don't necessarily promote them as a "sale" however.  You just need to search for them.  On the NCL home page, use the standard search capabilities and select the "More Filters" link on the right side.  Change your # of Guests to be 1.  Then you will be able to select "Solo Cruise Discount" as an option, which will find cruises with a current solo discount.

Since it seems you already have cruises booked, all you can do is to keep looking at your cruises to see if/when they offer a solo discount on it.  They do not always.  They seem to do these discounts as the cruise gets closer and they have a quantity of rooms available.  In other words, they are doing whatever they can to fill rooms.

I don't know that I have ever seen an NCL Solo promotion across the board on all cruises.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

You can find solo "discounts" on many cruises at any time.  They don't necessarily promote them as a "sale" however.  You just need to search for them.  On the NCL home page, use the standard search capabilities and select the "More Filters" link on the right side.  Change your # of Guests to be 1.  Then you will be able to select "Solo Cruise Discount" as an option, which will find cruises with a current solo discount.

Since it seems you already have cruises booked, all you can do is to keep looking at your cruises to see if/when they offer a solo discount on it.  They do not always.  They seem to do these discounts as the cruise gets closer and they have a quantity of rooms available.  In other words, they are doing whatever they can to fill rooms.

I don't know that I have ever seen an NCL Solo promotion across the board on all cruises.

Hi,

I'm on the May 29 Norwegian Sky cruise.  I received a solo discount but only because my PCC told me I was eligible when I went to book the cruise.

Although I have looked numerous times on NCL's website exactly as you stated above I have never seen the Solo Discount option shown.  I am in Canada so could that make some difference?  But, I did receive the discount.

Can you send a screenshot showing the Solo Discount option.

Thanks, happytotravel

15 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

I'm on the May 29 Norwegian Sky cruise.  I received a solo discount but only because my PCC told me I was eligible when I went to book the cruise.

Although I have looked numerous times on NCL's website exactly as you stated above I have never seen the Solo Discount option shown.  I am in Canada so could that make some difference?  But, I did receive the discount.

Can you send a screenshot showing the Solo Discount option.

Thanks, happytotravel

I just did a random search on ncl.com.  I selected Europe-Mediterranean cruises and nothing else.  So all dates in the future.  That returns 62 cruises with "Solo Discounts".  You can see "Solo Cruiser Discount" listed in the "More Offers" section of this screen shot.  When you hover your mouse over that offer, it says "Solo cruises pay less than 200% on select staterooms".  Notice the "SELECT staterooms" qualifier.  You won't know which cabin categories reflect a discount until you go further thru the booking process.  

And YES, your May 29th Sky cruise currently shows solo discounts available.  Again, on select cabins.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 12.10.41 PM.png

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Hi All Again,

Interesting, when I log into NCL's US site and look up the cruise you screenshot as well as my own cruise  I see the Senior Discount box to check.  But, if I do the same when logging into NCL's Canadian site, since I live in Canada, I don't see it when looking up the same cruises.

As mentioned earlier my PCC gave me the Senior discount when I booked.  Any explanation for the differences in the sites?

happytotravel

26 minutes ago, happytotravel said:

Hi All Again,

Interesting, when I log into NCL's US site and look up the cruise you screenshot as well as my own cruise  I see the Senior Discount box to check.  But, if I do the same when logging into NCL's Canadian site, since I live in Canada, I don't see it when looking up the same cruises.

As mentioned earlier my PCC gave me the Senior discount when I booked.  Any explanation for the differences in the sites?

happytotravel

Senior discount? Never seen that. As to solo discount, you have to first select 1 passenger in order for the solo cruises to show.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is allowed, but there is another website that you can search for solo cruise deals.  I've booked two now that I found through it.  Just in case I'm not supposed to mention it, the website is "cruise" followed by the purple fruit with a pit.

22 hours ago, herbanrenewal said:

Is there any time when solo sales are likely? I’ve a b2b scheduled for next Feb with a friend but she may cancel. 

Right now! My email has been inundated with solo cruise specials from NCL. I don't pay attention to them as I don't book solo cruises, but I do know NCL is really hyping up solo travel at the moment. Take a look at their site, call and talk with an agent, or call a travel agent that knows NCL. Good luck! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, happytotravel said:

Hi All Again,

happytotravel

I assume you still are dealing with solo cruise searches and not "senior".  Either way, I can confirm that when I just tested the Canadian https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/ website it does NOT offer the same ability to search for solo discounts as we see on the US ncl.com site.  I have no idea why, but you are not crazy.  It is not there for the Canadian site.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

17 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Right now! My email has been inundated with solo cruise specials from NCL. I don't pay attention to them as I don't book solo cruises, but I do know NCL is really hyping up solo travel at the moment. Take a look at their site, call and talk with an agent, or call a travel agent that knows NCL. Good luck! 

Agree.  They’ve been “wooing” solo cruisers for the last 12 months, or so.  Given I like to sail solo, I like the trend.  Celebrity was doing that for a while, but they seemed to have curtailed their solo fares.

NCL has always seemed to understand what’s becoming a larger solo community.  Most of their most recent ships have solo cabins, solo cruiser coordinators (which do a very good job), etc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, julig22 said:

Senior discount? Never seen that. As to solo discount, you have to first select 1 passenger in order for the solo cruises to show.

Still wondering where you are finding a Sr. Discount?????

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Still wondering where you are finding a Sr. Discount?????

If you read the full context of the posters previous comments, I think you'll see that she most likely made a typo in her posting.  She was previously discussing Solo discounts and then later made the post about Senior discount.  I think she intended to type "solo discount", which would be in line with her previous posts.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

It it's available, you check the box for "55+" as one of the guests.

Never seen that on the NCL site nor has anyone previously mentioned getting a discount or mentioned a code (which I'm sure they must have).  What is the discount?

On 3/5/2023 at 10:14 AM, herbanrenewal said:

Is there any time when solo sales are likely? I’ve a b2b scheduled for next Feb with a friend but she may cancel. 

@herbanrenewal You are getting great feedback.  I hope my thoughts also assist.  I went solo for the first time in 25 cruise over 44 years in March 2022.  The reason I did was because it was a Club Balcony Suite and not double occupancy so it was literally $800.00 for the week on the NCL Joy.

I was thrilled as you could imagine.  I attempted in December 2022 to gain a Solo deal like that for my Sister who wanted to join my wife and I on the NCL Breakaway.  From March to December nothing was available.  It was full double occupancy.  During this time I would go to other ships and on occasion I saw a deal. 

Another piece of information is the NCL Haven does not have solo deals.  Even if you us the NCL Bid Upgrade, it still is two times the bid.  I think the normal solo fares are more likely to be a deal when the ship is not close to fully booked.  Kind of like a hotel with extra rooms.  Just my two cents and I hope it assist you. 

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

8 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wow. I wish I would get those. Instead all I get are offer X (that I'm not interested in) expires in 3, 2, 1 days... Just kidding, we extended it for another X days... And repeat in that pattern indefinitely.

• Like 1

I wish I knew the "magic sauce" of how NCL (on any cruise line for that matter) determines who gets discounts, what the discount amount is, on which itineraries or ships get discounts, or when they determine the discounts to be valid.  We just don't know.

I just booked an Alaska cruise on NCL.  It was a direct result of them sending me a coupon (if that's what you want to call it) for a significant discount for Alaskan itineraries.  The discounts even change depending on the ship you are interested in.

To further muddy the waters, not every one got the promotion/discount.  

So, only NCL knows.  I'm sure they have the "bureau of NCL spreadsheets" working in a basement somewhere in the bowels of their Miami HQ who is generating reams of pie charts slicing and dicing analytics to those who come up with their promos. perks and pricing schemes.  

• Haha 1

In my experience (I always travel solo), the solo discounts get much better the closer to the cruise date you are.  I have frequently have booked cruises 30 days or less before departure.  Obviously, to be able to take advantage of the last minute solo deals one has to be flexible and able to travel with minimum notice.  Not for everyone....but there are great deals to be had if you can manage it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, yankprintster said:

Wow. I wish I would get those. Instead all I get are offer X (that I'm not interested in) expires in 3, 2, 1 days... Just kidding, we extended it for another X days... And repeat in that pattern indefinitely.

I don't get them because I'm a NCL customer. That's why I mentioned you should talk with an agent. Travel agents will have more deals that you're not aware of, because NCL will market direct to them. Or, if you despise agents, try a PCC. A good one should be able to help you find the best deal for you as a solo. These deals are dependent on the sailing/date, so don't expect the sailing you want to have the deal. You will likely need to be flexible with your plans. 

• Like 3