TxTeach79's GLORY-OUS 3/12 Spring Break NOLA LIVE

TxTeach79

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Lost NCL gang at the Hilton. Now I’ve turned down a road that’s actually an alley 

4BAED7DD-4CD3-44A3-A3C0-DC767A3130D9.thumb.jpeg.be06536e2ab047af6a28511db8931b22.jpeg

EF74D8A9-984C-4C1D-A2F9-6D565BDB1052.thumb.jpeg.e3aa862347c549fca465ffa6da226c08.jpeg

I remember that strange walk from the hotel to the ship in NOLA, where the last ten minutes, before you turn past the building, you're wondering if you're on the right track, despite the signs.  Then you see a couple official looking people and they're waving you on and you can taste that Funship Special already!  Have fun, looking forward to following and hopefully no foot/ankle injuries!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I remember that strange walk from the hotel to the ship in NOLA, where the last ten minutes, before you turn past the building, you're wondering if you're on the right track, despite the signs.  Then you see a couple official looking people and they're waving you on and you can taste that Funship Special already!  Have fun, looking forward to following and hopefully no foot/ankle injuries!

same ankle slightly rolled on the brick sidewalk on the way here and when I say I GASPED

• Like 2

Just now, IntrepidFromDC said:

I love the twisty, sail away out of NOLA, where it gets spookier and voodooier as you wind your way through the delta with the sunset and moonlit night.

completely agree. It’s so cool. Plan on logging some serious deck time tonight 

• Like 1

Had to put the phone away inside. The escalator is down, so the elevators were jammed. I walked up the stairs. At the top, about a ten minute line with everyone else to get to check in. After about ten minutes the line got to a point where they split me off into a Dia/Plat line. From there to through security was maybe 2 minutes. 

• Like 3

I like sailing from NOLA, but this facility is a lame experience. It’s packed inside. I can’t get a great picture because my arms are pinned down by people beside me and it would be weird at this proximity. 

there’s no Dia/Plat/FTTF seating area. Only suites. Plus, you’re literally seated by agents. Can’t sit where you want. They don’t leave a single seat open either. This doesn’t do it Justice. 

3D79E8A8-4A99-4458-AFE0-436C24DE087D.thumb.jpeg.d03c7c14171075c5d849650a3541a081.jpeg

• Like 5

On the bright side it was easy to find a porter outside. 🤷🏻‍♂️

there’s a hype man on the mic who is really excited this is a spring break cruise. Really selling it. I’m not sure Ms. Duffy would appreciate this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just announced boarding starts at 10:45. 

also, there’s no entry by boarding slot here. Just one sign that said “on time” outside, and both people next to me are in D. I can tell because we’re damn near exchanging bodily fluids. 

• Haha 2