A Pretty Suite Deal for Edge out of Barcelona on June 10, 2023

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

And right now, there are no S2 or S3 cabins available. The only available Sky Suites are S1 and AS, so odds are one would be assigned a favorable cabin.

I would think the move up bids would open up the lower suites for inventory. 

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

And right now, there are no S2 or S3 cabins available. The only available Sky Suites are S1 and AS, so odds are one would be assigned a favorable cabin.

On 'another' site, I counted 6 S1 available in good locations.

23 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I would think the move up bids would open up the lower suites for inventory. 

They may assign the guarantees long before that, but yes anything is possible. I chose to use the words "odds are" in my comment intentionally.

I checked it online as soon as I saw the post and the GREAT price was there...even in Cdn, it was $5400 (for 2) for an Edge suite.  Would have jumped at it if the cruise fit ok in our schedule.  Someone made a mistake in pricing just as another cruise a few months ago was posted at a ridiculously low price.  That one they contacted each booking and took away the pricing.

Edited by Oceangoer2

5 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Someone made a mistake in pricing just as another cruise a few months ago was posted at a ridiculously low price.  That one they contacted each booking and took away the pricing.

I was one of those people who booked one of the late '24 early '25 Silhouette sailings. Got a call saying I can pay extra to keep my cabin, downgrade to an inside, or refund the deposit. Told them I was comfortable with the cabin I booked at the price I agreed to. Haven't heard back since and the reservation is still in my account.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I was one of those people who booked one of the late '24 early '25 Silhouette sailings. Got a call saying I can pay extra to keep my cabin, downgrade to an inside, or refund the deposit. Told them I was comfortable with the cabin I booked at the price I agreed to. Haven't heard back since and the reservation is still in my account.

Cool! But did you ask for an updated customer invoice since then?? (I'm assuming you booked direct??)  

I remember reading that thread...

9 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Cool! But did you ask for an updated customer invoice since then?? (I'm assuming you booked direct??)  

I remember reading that thread...

I have not asked for an updated invoice from them since I was contacted. I don't really see the need to if everything checks out on my account online. What was reassuring was that my AI items showed up in my cruise planner order history page about a month after I was contacted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Good for you! This is exactly what I would have done had I booked one of those sailings. I hope others did the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

I have not asked for an updated invoice from them since I was contacted. I don't really see the need to if everything checks out on my account online. What was reassuring was that my AI items showed up in my cruise planner order history page about a month after I was contacted.

Hey, it sounds good to me! I was just curious as there certainly was some bizarre interactions with X personnel in that thread. I was downright appalled at some of them.

Glad you stood your ground!