Check-in time changed

Pebbels

Last week it said 16:00, got an email today with a new e-ticket saying check-in time 12:00.

E-mail saying:

Please note that your embarkation and disembarkation have been re-organized according to new health and safety regulations and will be performed in scheduled time slots. If you arrive before your check-in time you will be requested to wait outside the terminal area until your scheduled time. Please make sure to arrive at the cruise terminal on time since some operational issues might affect the ship’s schedule and the last boarding time might be changed without notice.

How important is it to show up at 12? 

I normally do as I am being told.... But if I didn't double-check my new e-ticket I would not know they changed the time, I guess slot of people wouldn't even  notice the change....

You may show up anytime after 12.  It’s not a ‘window.’  The caution about arriving too late is real. If you have any issues with your travel documents there needs to be time to get them resolved.  In my experience, 1:30 to 2:30 is a sweet spot if you don’t like lines.

31 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

You may show up anytime after 12.  It’s not a ‘window.’  

I know it's not normally "a window", but normally it just tell you a chec-in time, now it's says when my check in stops, I can't remember seeing that before 🤔

E-ticket says: 

Your check-in opens (1) 11:00 Your check-in closes within 1 hour from 11:00

(Was 11 not 12 😁)

Just now, Pebbels said:

I know it's not normally "a window", but normally it just tell you a chec-in time, now it's says when my check in stops, I can't remember seeing that before 🤔

E-ticket says: 

(Was 11 not 12 😁)

I can speak for US sailings.  There will be no penalty for arriving later than your assigned time. 

Dennis

8 hours ago, Pebbels said:

E-ticket says: 

(Was 11 not 12 😁)

In our case it also says our check in opens at 12.00 and it closes one hour later 😁

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin