“SPORTS GEAR” FAQs Prohibited?

My granddaughter wants to bring her softball mitt and ball.  I notice among prohibited items is “sports gear”.  

Does anyone have experience one way or the other with mitt and ball?  Can we bring them?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, true45 said:

My granddaughter wants to bring her softball mitt and ball.  I notice among prohibited items is “sports gear”.  

Does anyone have experience one way or the other with mitt and ball?  Can we bring them?

Thanks.

Just a honest question…..where was she planning on using these?

"Sports gear" is prohibited in theory, but many Pickleball players bring their own paddles. Many passengers also bring their own snorkeling and scuba equipment, so the ban on sports gear certainly isn't absolute. As safety is the underlying reason for prohibitions, a baseball bat would be banned, but a softball and glove, probably not. Just like a dive knife versus a mask.

As to where she can play catch, the sports court isn't limited to basketball or volleyball.

I'd say take it. The worst they can do is seize the ball and glove and return them at disembarkation.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

"Sports gear" is prohibited in theory, but many Pickleball players bring their own paddles. Many passengers also bring their own snorkeling and scuba equipment, so the ban on sports gear certainly isn't absolute. As safety is the underlying reason for prohibitions, a baseball bat would be banned, but a softball and glove, probably not. Just like a dive knife versus a mask.

As to where she can play catch, the sports court isn't limited to basketball or volleyball.

I'd say take it. The worst they can do is seize the ball and glove and return them at disembarkation.

Thanks.  Just what I was thinking -/ some gear likely would pass.

She wouldn’t bring a bat.  Footwork and scooping the ball I think that’s what she had in mind but don’t want to take a chance on losing her gear, so best left home.

• Like 1