First time using HA laundry

Ilovesailaway

I purchased unlimited laundry for our upcoming Med cruise. I have never used HA laundry so I have a few simple questions:

It looks like on the laundry slip you check the box for unlimited, do I check that box with my first bag?

Will HA already know I have purchased the unlimited package or should I make sure to mention that to my room attendant?

Can I send a bag out on embarkation day? We will be traveling for a few days before the cruise.

Any other advise on using the service would be appreciated.

Thank you

28 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I purchased unlimited laundry for our upcoming Med cruise. I have never used HA laundry so I have a few simple questions:

It looks like on the laundry slip you check the box for unlimited, do I check that box with my first bag? YES

Will HA already know I have purchased the unlimited package or should I make sure to mention that to my room attendant? THEY WILL KNOW AND YOUR STEWARD WILL KNOW AS HE IS THE ONE WHO WILL TAKE THE BAG TO THE LAUNDRY. 

Can I send a bag out on embarkation day? YES. We will be traveling for a few days before the cruise.

Any other advise on using the service would be appreciated.

Thank you

IN THE BEGINNING I TOOK PHOTOS OF EVERYTHING I SENT OUT BUT WHEN THERE WEREN'T ANY PROBLEMS I STOPPED DOING IT. 

Keep the bottom copy of the form for checking off items when they are returned.

HAL should know about your purchase. Room attendant doesn't care about this. The Front desk places the charge (or not).  They will need to look up your account and I hope they get it right the first time :)  Take your receipt for having bought the package!

First day is fine, may take a couple of days for return, or not!

HAL uses quite harsh detergent and I like to wash my delicates myself.  Hot water + hot dryer can "tighten up" some items and "loosen up" others.  I pretty much have to throw out my DH's woven undies after a month cruise since the inch wide elastic stretches out.

Have a lovely cruise!

Edited by SilvertoGold

It's an awesome service....to add based on our experience.

Ask the room steward for a couple of extra forms and bags when he introduces himself on day 1....So that nothing stops you from sending another bag in.....We get into a routine of sending it out daily.....and sometimes twice especially right before they cut you off near the end of the cruise.

Not required at all but we do toss a couple of dollar bills in our dirty clothes bag for those folks in the laundry room. 

We never add any comment on how we need our laundry done and whatever they do works great for us.

The "business case" for us is such that we each only travel with a carry on suitcase w/4or 5 changes of clothes only and "rinse and repeat".  Makes packing and traveling so easy. It took Her Majesty a time or two to adjust to that but she is now a believer and advocate. 

If you are not the spouse who usually does the laundry, do not say "honey, I really like the way they do the laundry and was wondering when we get back home if you would like to fold it like this, wrap it in tissue and put it in a basket with a thank you note?"  That will not go over well. 

And finally, after our next cruise we will have 4 stars on our belly and thus free laundry is within our grasps.  We will celebrate this noble achievement with a glass of wine from Sommelier Package #1 at 50% off once we board that first 4* cruise!

Enjoy the cruise and the laundry service!

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

"honey, I really like the way they do the laundry and was wondering when we get back home if you would like to fold it like this, wrap it in tissue and put it in a basket with a thank you note?"  That will not go over well. 

lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

FlaMariner - I put cash in laundry bag when I send it out too. The laundry staff

do an excellent job and they have a good turnaround time.  I don't have to pack as 

many clothes as I used to, which is a real bonus in my opinion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

It's an awesome service....to add based on our experience.

Ask the room steward for a couple of extra forms and bags when he introduces himself on day 1....So that nothing stops you from sending another bag in.....We get into a routine of sending it out daily.....and sometimes twice especially right before they cut you off near the end of the cruise.

Not required at all but we do toss a couple of dollar bills in our dirty clothes bag for those folks in the laundry room. 

We never add any comment on how we need our laundry done and whatever they do works great for us.

The "business case" for us is such that we each only travel with a carry on suitcase w/4or 5 changes of clothes only and "rinse and repeat".  Makes packing and traveling so easy. It took Her Majesty a time or two to adjust to that but she is now a believer and advocate. 

If you are not the spouse who usually does the laundry, do not say "honey, I really like the way they do the laundry and was wondering when we get back home if you would like to fold it like this, wrap it in tissue and put it in a basket with a thank you note?"  That will not go over well. 

And finally, after our next cruise we will have 4 stars on our belly and thus free laundry is within our grasps.  We will celebrate this noble achievement with a glass of wine from Sommelier Package #1 at 50% off once we board that first 4* cruise!

Enjoy the cruise and the laundry service!

Congrats on your imminent 4 star status! With your sense of humour and and excellent writing skills you deserve those perks :)  Thanks for the good ideas and the fun read.

We think Package 2 is a better buy, better wine choices, but you know what you like - enjoy!

• Like 1

No problem sending out Laundry on embarkation day. We've done land tours prior to cruising so getting clean laundry day 1 is nice. We still take photos of clothes laid out after filling out form and before packing in the bag. Helps to identify items missing. It does happen but we've retrieved all but 1 item over the many years. (Also confirms what you enter on the form since we did miscalculate number of items once and got a call from laundry, which we we able to verify our mistake with the photo).