Bliss Disembarkation

ctyhrn

Hey All! My husband and I are heading to Alaska on the Bliss in June. We arrive back in Seattle at 6am. We have family in the area that we are going to spend the day with since our flight doesn't leave until that night. I don't want them to have to come up to get us so early, so my main question is how long can we stay on the boat that morning? I understand they need to turn it over for the next cruise but I have never taken a cruise that came back so early. Can we at least grab breakfast and take our time to get off at like 8 or 9... or will they be kicking us off before then??? Thanks!

It's doubtful that the ship will be released to disembark passengers as early as 6 AM, that's usually just the time they expect to be along side the pier.  They want the ship clear as early as possible so the next cruise can start boarding, expect them to really start urging disembarkation by 9-9:30.  This seems to be pretty standard across all ships, ports and cruise lines with morning arrival for turn-around.

When we have disembarked at Seattle on previous cruises, the announcement was that we should be clear of our stateroom by 8:00 and off the ship by 9:00.  There were some stragglers who pushed the edge of the envelope, but the crew seemed anxious to have the ship clear by 9:00.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of your room by 8am and off the ship by 9.

I would encourage you to take advantage of the Port of Seattle's Valet program.  Leave your luggage outside your door the night before departure and you don't see it again until you arrive at your home airport. 

Port Valet - Enjoy Seattle Luggage Free! | Port of Seattle (portseattle.org)

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

I would encourage you to take advantage of the Port of Seattle's Valet program.  Leave your luggage outside your door the night before departure and you don't see it again until you arrive at your home airport. 

We have never used the Valet program ourselves, but we have heard great things about.  It's convenient, inexpensive, and reliable.  We usually spend a day or two in Seattle before or after the cruise, so the Metro between the airport and downtown usually works out best for us, but I agree that the Valet is a great way to go for many.

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

We have never used the Valet program ourselves, but we have heard great things about. 

IIRC, we had one poster who used it and the suitcase didn't make it on the plane.  Showed up some time later I believe.

6 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

This sounds awesome! I don't know of it would work for us, though, since we're flying standby.

3 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

This sounds awesome! I don't know of it would work for us, though, since we're flying standby.

I think the Valet requires your flight number so they can get the bags on the correct flight for you.  Flying standby might not work with them.

Edited by The Traveling Man

This is the debarkation info we received on the Bliss last week. Debarkation was allowed as late as 10:45 -- though I am not sure why anyone would want to wait that late because all services are closed.  Same ship but different port, so your mileage may vary. Note that we had an exceptionally poor and long debarkation process at the Los Angeles terminal. I started a whole thread about that. Not any fault of Norwegian as far as I know, but something to be aware of. 

20230319_223058-1.jpg

20230319_223112-1.jpg