Timing of Upgrade offer

SirJackDaniels

14 hours ago, SirJackDaniels said:

If I could put a bid in for you I would

14 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Aaahh, thanks, JD. 🤗 😁

Is that you offering to pay for the upgrade too 😏

We put an upgrade in for an infinite window, as we were happy to pay a "good" price for that, so hopefully we get it.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

Is that you offering to pay for the upgrade too 😏

We put an upgrade in for an infinite window, as we were happy to pay a "good" price for that, so hopefully we get it.

We have one booked for next week.  Really looking forward to it.  Love the big window view of the sea.  We don’t use a balcony much, so this really suits us. 

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We have one booked for next week.  Really looking forward to it.  Love the big window view of the sea.  We don’t use a balcony much, so this really suits us. 

Was this through an upgrade, or just usual purchasing this room?

17 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Unfortunately I can’t log in.  Haven’t been able to for years.  Gave up trying to get them to sort it. 

The Ireland website was finally brought into the 21st century recently;  tried to log in but keep getting a notice saying my email has to be validated and that they’ve sent me an email for validation.  However I never get the email.  Yet, if I try to register with my email address they say that it is already associated with an account. 🙄

It's not just Ireland.  My DW can't log into her account for the same reason with the email validation snafu.  We have to do a workaround on the booking side to check things like her activity and point totals.  MCS IT problems do not pick on countries.  They appear to be equal opportunity gremlins.

Edited by JAGR
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JAGR said:

It's not just Ireland.  My DW can't log into her account for the same reason with the email validation snafu.  We have to do a workaround on the booking side to check things like her activity and point totals.  MCS IT problems do not pick on countries.  They appear to be equal opportunity gremlins.

The only way I can get my points total (which I have zilch interest in 🙄) is when I have a booking on a ship that the app supports.  I have no idea if the current showing of 48400 is correct as I don’t keep a record.  However, I’ll be able to see what I get for our upcoming cruise when we get home as I have a booking on Seascape for next year. I’ll have that on the app and will see how many I’ve been awarded (which will be as useless to me as the other 38400 valueless points). 

Edited by Beamafar

12 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The only way I can get my points total (which I have zilch interest in 🙄) is when I have a booking on a ship that the app supports.  I have no idea if the current showing of 48400 is correct as I don’t keep a record.  However, I’ll be able to see what I get for our upcoming cruise when we get home as I have a booking on Seascape for next year. I’ll have that on the app and will see how many I’ve been awarded (which will be as useless to me as the other 38400 valueless points). 

Similar to what we are doing for DW.  On the overall points, I am just waiting for Dave @sidari to work his magic with his friends at MSC to get us put into the new, higher level that has been in planning by MSC's superb IT department (😉) for the last few years.  I think the elite level is Cubic Zirconium, or pyrite.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

Similar to what we are doing for DW.  On the overall points, I am just waiting for Dave @sidari to work his magic with his friends at MSC to get us put into the new, higher level that has been in planning by MSC's superb IT department (😉) for the last few years.  I think the elite level is Cubic Zirconium, or pyrite.

John ... I believe it will be Schwarzkopf with a see through card ... 😁 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, travelberlin said:

In which ships is there this infinity window?

Ivi

World Europa - a new category for MSC.  They differ from Celebrity’s as they don’t attempt to create a balcony-effect area.  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 8:09 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

That's actually good for you.  But that will be 3-5 days prior to sailing they will assign them.

As sailing gets closer, watch prices as they may come down and then people may outright buy them.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it is relevant.

So, we're 24 days out from sailing, and I've had a bid accepted - granted it was for the least best of the three choices originally offered (premium suite aurea - the others were grand suite aurea with w/p and Y/C Deluxe Suite).

I offered what I was comfortable with paying extra for each based on what I paid for our balcony and what these would have cost at the time - overall got the upgrade for less than half of what it would have cost at time of booking, so for us, happy days!

• Like 1