Difference from M to N inside cabin

Q Family

Sorry as I am sure this has been asked a million times, but I am having a hard time finding a specific answer.

Is a N inside cabin the highest/ best inside or is it the lowest category of inside ?

I ask because if you book a guaranteed inside N category. Would an assigned M cabin be below N on the cabin scale ?

Are cabins are ranked lowest as A and highest as N

or

Are they are ranked as N highest and A lowest ?

I am just trying to understand, not complaining.

We usually book a guaranteed but I am just now realizing I really dont understand how it works. Maybe it is just a mystery of the universe thing ?

Edited by Q Family

52 minutes ago, Q Family said:

Thank you for the reply, so they basically guarantee you at what they consider the “least desirable “ and anything more than that is a bonus.

I'm solo and always book guarantee insides (although sometimes take upsells).  I have 13 years on HAL and the following is my experience.

I have NEVER (literally NEVER) been assigned to an N or even an M.  Here's why: Those undesirable staterooms are ALWAYS assigned to contract personnel (entertainers, etc).  The contractors are not considered crew and so are not forced to stay below decks in crew quarters.  However, the hotel management doesn't "waste" the desirable staterooms on them, since they are not paying. 

So don't worry about getting assigned to those Ns or Ms if you booked a guarantee inside.  You'll undoubtedly be assigned to something more desirable.

JMO.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AV8rix said:

I'm solo and always book guarantee insides (although sometimes take upsells).  I have 13 years on HAL and the following is my experience.

I have NEVER (literally NEVER) been assigned to an N or even an M.  Here's why: Those undesirable staterooms are ALWAYS assigned to contract personnel (entertainers, etc).  The contractors are not considered crew and so are not forced to stay below decks in crew quarters.  However, the hotel management doesn't "waste" the desirable staterooms on them, since they are not paying. 

So don't worry about getting assigned to those Ns or Ms if you booked a guarantee inside.  You'll undoubtedly be assigned to something more desirable.

JMO.

We were assigned an M 😮

23 hours ago, Q Family said:

We were assigned an M 😮

Wow!  Ship must have been at 100% or so occupancy.  Although -- even at 100+% for Christmas on Koningsdam -- I didn't have a bad interior guarantee assignment.  Anyway, honestly sorry that happened to you.  Guess I've just been lucky all these years.