Boarding/Check in Times

ceeceeDee

Would love a bit of feedback from recent cruisers on Pacific Encounter. We can't select a check in time on cruise control as yet because we are still waiting for a cabin to be assigned. Could someone please advise the check in time "window" for a cruise departing at 4pm (ie earliest/latest). Also are the selected check in times strictly enforced? Just wondering as our travel companions have their cabin number (and obviously will be selecting their check in time) and we will have to fit in with them as we will be sharing transportation to the ship. We have priority boarding (our companions don't) but I guess that won't cut any ice if we end up having to arrive way before our check in time when we finally get to select it. Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Pacific Adventure soon.   So who works out who get priority boarding (not concerned if I don't get it but would just like to know how it is worked out).   I have a cabin number but it seems one cannot pick a boarding time until a month before when one is required to enter stuff about vaccination on Verify.   Is that correct?

Hi Rassa, Priority boarding is usually assigned to passengers who reserve a suite or an M1 (Byron) mini suite. On our next cruise they have also given priority to the first 100 bookings who selected a value+ fare - I don't know if they always reward the first 100 bookings, however. And yes, you are correct with being unable to choose boarding time until 30 days before. Hope you enjoy your adventure on Adventure.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are you sure about the 30 days? We're doing our first P&O at the end of May and we read online check in and select departure time was 60 days out. Sure enough went on 60 days before (59 actually) at end of March and selected our time for boarding (12 noon).

For boarding times, it is 60 days on paper, but seem to open 59 days. The earliest time I can see and booked is 12pm. 

As for boarding in Brisbane, in Sept/Dec they were not fuss about your allocated boarding time. Once checked in at counter we boarded based on allocated groups. Sydney this month was very strict on allocated boarding times for White bay.

When I said 30 days, I was going on what happened on our last cruise pre-covid (admittedly it was also Royal Carribean out of Florida......... but I seem to recall our last P&O was less than 60 days, but that could be faulty memory).

Thanks, Zetta. Perhaps Brisbane is a little more flexible with boarding times. As it turns out, we managed to get a cabin assigned, so were able to select the same boarding time as our companions so problem solved.🙂

• Like 1

Thanks, Zetta. We were very happy to FINALLY get an assigned room. Being an organised sort of person, I hate being left hanging so to speak. I'm sure we'll have a ball. Never had a bad experience on P&O ships, though some of the reviews of the Encounter are a little harsh. Then again, I guess reviews are subjective and dependent on people's expectations. We expect to have a great time, so we will.😄

• Like 2

We are on the adventure at the end of may and yes boarding time and ticketing was available at 60 days for us.

When we were on the explorer in march we had a boarding time of 1 pm and when we got to the cruise port in Adelaide at 12.45 there were about 600 people there waiting.

We thought this doesn't look good we might be here for a while. 

But at 12.55 the staff called out for all 1 pm boarders and any earlier to come to the front and we were let into the boarding area.

After coming home I read so many people were complaining about having to wait for hours to board on this cruise and I came to the conclusion that they must have arrived early expecting to just line up and get in regardless of there allotted boarding time.

Daz

I think your conclusion is probably correct, Daz. All information I have seen regarding allotted boarding times specifically says NOT to arrive before your boarding time, which makes sense. Even pax with priority boarding still have to select a boarding time. I suppose if pax arrive early and it is not busy they might get on a bit early, but it's more likely they'll just have to wait. No point complaining about it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are 29 days out from our Pacific Encounter cruise embarking from Brisbane.We also have not got our room designated as yet either, from past experience (Pacific Explorer) in March this year, we were designated our room about 7 days out from our cruise and was able book a 12pm embarkation time. the early ones were all gone. 

• 7 months later...

Our boarding time for Pacific Adventure next week is 1230pm. What time should we aim to arrive at White Bay? Right at 1230pm or a bit before? I haven't seen any information on this and I want to book a driver to take us there.

1 hour ago, Deezy01 said:

Our boarding time for Pacific Adventure next week is 1230pm. What time should we aim to arrive at White Bay? Right at 1230pm or a bit before? I haven't seen any information on this and I want to book a driver to take us there.

Depends on what time you want to board. In June, I arrive at 11am for a 12.30pm boarding. At 11.15am, they started calling suite and privilege guests. Then people based on boarding time pretty much in 5mins interval or as much as the queues can take. After the paperwork, a number is written on your boarding paper. Suite and privilege guests will once again be called through customs first, before the numbers.

I was on board at 11.45am. This will differ each cruise.

If you opt to board later, say 1pm, I have read that there is pretty much no queues.