On cruise with few children, how many old(er) people use the slides?

Mississippian

I've got an upcoming transatlantic, so there won't be many kids at all. I've kind of decided that I'm going to use the water slides some. Just curious as to any observations as to usage and so forth on cruises where there were few children.

• Like 1

You’ll always find us using the slides and we’re two rather chunky men in our 40ies. No regrets, it’s a vacation and you only live once.

Funny story, actually: A few years ago, on the Epic, they had those Chinese staff members with Walkie-Talkies manning the big bowl slide. And whenever I came, I could very clearly hear the girl with her strong Chinese accent announcing me as “Whale” to her colleague on the other side. At first, I thought, surely it must be something in Mandarin maybe. But as the cruise went on, and we pretty much daily went on that slide, it became very clear that they were indeed using the code word “whale” for someone like me who maybe had a drinks and specialty dining package a few far times too many in his life 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I just got off the Joy a few weeks ago.  There are two water slides  On one side the slide looks like a tube that twists and turns. I only saw a few very fit young men doing that one.  On the other side the slide looks more friendly and I think you may use tubes.  I saw younger people using that one.  But only a few in each case probably because the weather was a little cool and windy.  I wanted to try the one  I saw younger people using. I am 72 years old but fit although I have a few chronic health issues they warn about on the signs!   I never did get up the nerve but I might have if more people were lining up.  The last water slide I went on, similar to the one on the Joy using tubes, was about 30 yrs ago and it was a rough ride. My joints (elbows, ankles etc) banged against the sides of the slide  which hurt.  But I will try next time. The one slide might not have involved tubes but it was definitely different than the one on the other side of the boat. (looked easier)

Edited by Smitheroo

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

The drop slide, just do it..I’m in my late. 50’s and love em.  

Yeah…just can’t. Did a drop ride at Six Flags in my 40’s and swore I’d never ever ever do that again.  The moments before the drop caused my anxiety to go off the charts…lol.  

Just off the Joy and i love the water slides....but to do the drop slide you can not have any metal on you ...or on your bathing suit.  I had metal on my straps and they would not let me on. My friend had metal grommets on his trunks and it was a no go for him too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1